Wednesday, August 29, 2012

{Recipe} : Freezer Breakfast Burritos!

Honestly, lists are amazing!

I accomplished 3 of my 4 goals for the week and it's only Wednesday!! Woo-hoo! Yesterday, I replaced our stove lights (took 20 minutes to find the light bulbs at Target!!!) and started my recipe book! Today, I took Eugene to school and spent the day with my mom and my sister chillaxing, eating, walking around in the sun and shopping. It was so sweet! I took a two-hour nap at my mom's place, so when I got home today I was so well rested that I decided to make my breakfast burritos! 

This was surprisingly very easy and way quicker to make than the freezer burritos I made a few months ago. Freezer burritos are great when you're really busy and you need food on the go. Because our busiest and most rushed times are in the mornings nowadays, I figured breakfast burritos would be a good idea! So off we go!

First, gather your ingredients!


Chop, chop, chop! Mr. Milk meets the bowl of eggs. 

Sausage cooked, egg scrambled and tortillas warmed.
All ready to gather into a perfect little breakfast burrito!


Rolled up as tight as you can! This is the hardest part!


Individually wrap with foil and freeze! {the last one didn't fit.}


Next time I'm gonna try making them bigger. These were pretty dinky... but portion control's good, right? :)

Freezer Breakfast Burritos

Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes 8 servings

1 pack large or extra large flour tortillas
6 large eggs
1/3 cup low fat milk
1 Tbsp butter
1 medium tomato
1/2 large onion or 1 small onion
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup mexican cheese, shredded
6 breakfast sausage links, casings removed
olive oil
black pepper

1. Chop all the onion, tomatoe and cilantro into small pieces. {simple salsa} 
2. Take the sausage meat out of the casing. Toss the casing!
3. Pepper the sausage and mash it up with your hands with your hands. Heat up a fry pan with some olive oil and cook the meat until browned. Set aside.
3. Use the same fry pan and add the butter, whisk your eggs and scramble until fully cooked. 
4. Wrap tortillas in wet paper towels and heat up in microwave for 20 seconds (3 at a time)
5. Put a spoonful of eggs, sausage and simple salsa in the middle of your warmed tortilla. Sprinkle cheese.
6. Wrap burrito {see picture below} and individually foil.
When ready to eat, remove foil and wrap with moist paper towel. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high power, or until fully cooked.. Cool and enjoy!

this was the best instructional photo I could find on how to wrap a burrito.
{photo cred: the yummy life}

Bon Apeitit!  We shall let you know how it tastes when we try it tomorrow :o)

give thanks: air conditioning, good music, chicken noodle soup at souplantation, hand lotion, time with my family, seeing eugene after a long day, nightly prayers

** Update: It was delicious! Make sure to give the wet paper towel a good squeeze so the burritos don't get too soggy and only microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes. Wait for them to cool, they're HOT! :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!