Monday, August 27, 2012

everyday life - update (pt. 2)

So I've really been doing bad at updating these weekly, but here's a quick recap of the last three weeks. It's been crazy with Eugene starting school, and us trying to figure out or schedules. These past few weeks have been filled with packing lunches, shopping at trader Joes, riping avocados, eating cookie butter, studying medication cards and writing our wedding thank you's. (after 10 months... yipes!) 

It's been a good transition for us so far! Eugene's getting the hang of school and studying really hard already (so proud!) and I'm busy trying to figure out how to make different types of sandwiches and prepare quick dinners for my little pharmacy student. It's been wonderful. It's been really nice having more of a routine in the house and having more things to do during the day. I'm trying to learn how to keep the house clean on a more regular basis instead of having a major spring cleaning 2000 extravaganza every few weeks... i'm still learning, but we'll get there sometime soon! Life's been sweet and we've been loving every bit of this transition. All by God's grace!

So here's what our lives have looked like..

I've been trying to eat healthier at work so I've been packing my lunches more often. Although it's alot of work at times, it always helps me power through the night better since I dont have french fries sitting in my stomach!

 

One day, I woke up from my nap after work really craving french toast. So random! It was still pretty earlier in the day and I had only gotten a few hours of sleep, so Eugene forced me to go back to sleep and I woke up to the smell of home-made french toast from the best husband ever!!


Eugene and I took a few trips to LA to prepare for his commute to USC and here we are waiting at a bus stop! :)


and here we are during our 3-hour wait at the EXTREMELY hot Union station. Eugene slept while I watched Grey's Anatomy on my phone with some really slow internet. Sheesh!


I have become a trader Joe's junkie. I go shopping there every few days for groceries and snacks. This day I enjoyed making dinner with some mushrooms in a box. So fancy when they come in a cardboard box!


I haven't been sleeping well during the day before work because of how wonderfully sunny and hot the weather has been. One night, I went to work with 1.5 hours of sleep only. It was really bad. I had to fight so hard to stay awake and everytime I would blink, I felt like there was glue on my eyelids keeping em shut. I was so excited to come home to sleep, and according to my phone alarm app, I slept pretty well.


Eugene's on his first week of classes at USC and it's been so exciting! He spends hours everyday studying these little prescription cards. It's so cute! He even asked me to go to the store to buy more index cards for him yesterday. :')


Visited one of my favorite co-worker/friend at home since she's on maternity leave. So excited that when I come to day shift, I'll be working with her! 


 Last Friday was Eugene's last free day before school starts so we planned to go to Disneyland since we were FINALLY not blocked out. We were all ambitious about staying all day and we only ended up staying for two hours. Poop, we're so old now.


We left Disneyland early to have lunch and we made it just in time for some Dim Sum!


I got my labs drawn two weeks ago and my doctor says that I have a Vitamin D deficiency. (which probably explains my fatigue and sucky immune system..) so she recommended me to take lots of Vitamins. Good thing I'm married to a pharmacist-to-be who reminds me to take em everyday!


One of my (and Eugene's) favorite Trader Joes finds! We're addicted..


Finally starting on these. I'm the worst bride ever! If you get our cards, please don't judge us.. :)


My studious husband busy at work!


Have a good week everyone! I'm off to my last night shift of the week! Yippeeee

love,
sharon

Give thanks: a smooth transition, books, ripe avocados, iced coffees

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!