Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Pharmacist-to-be.

Yipes! Sorry for the lack of updates.
We've already come to the end of August and we've been busy bees tying loose ends before Eugene's first year of Pharmacy School. We've been training our bodies to sleep earlier and wake up earlier (on his first day of school, we woke up at 4:45am!), test-riding trains, and buying school supplies. Eugene just finished his first week of orientation and will start classes next Monday. Today was his white coat ceremony. So exciting!

It's funny because Eugene came to MY white coat ceremony when I started nursing school and took an album full of pictures for me to give to my family. We were just friends then. Oh how far we've come!


Who knew that three years later, I would become his wife taking picture at his white coat ceremony! :)





It's been a long road coming, but God has been so sovereign and faithful in every step of the way. Even though there are challenges ahead of us (i.e. 3 hour commutes/day, stressful days full of studying and long nights we have to spend apart), I'm confident that His grace will continue to carry us through it all and that's more than enough reason to rejoice! His grace has brought us this far..

These next four years will consist of exciting things for Eugene, but it also holds alot of cool things for me as well. Eugene being in school will be an adjustment for the both of us as he'll be away more often than usual. But as difficult as this transition will be, I'm excited to learn how to specifically serve Eugene in this stage of life. I'm excited to grow as a wife as I learn how to creatively serve Eugene, even if we can't be together as often and I'm excited to see how God continues to shape Him into the man he was created to be.

Today I was so proud to be Eugene's wife. I don't know what lies ahead of us, but I know that by God's grace He'll enable us to be victorious!

FIGHT ON!
.... just kidding.



3 comments: