Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Eugene turns 24!


Last week we celebrated Eugene's 24th birthday and toasted to a new year with some close friends, steak kabobs, windy weather and a strawberry trifle. It was a sweet time of celebrating Eugene's life and God's faithfulness to him in this busy, busy year of changes! During Eugene's 23rd year, Eugene became a husband, finished his 2-year pharmacy tech career at CVS and became a pharmacy student. God is so good!

I really don't need any occasion to celebrate Eugene or feel incredibly thankful for him, but birthdays always give me an opportunity to brag about him and embarrass him, so I'll take any opportunity I can get! So to celebrate his {belated} birthday, here are 20 things I love {slash-- learned to love} about Eugene.

1. I love the horrendous amount of sweat you produce when you run, and how you chase me around the apartment forcing me to touch your shirt to see how wet it is.

2. I also love how you hang said sweaty clothes on chairs to dry before throwing them in the laundry hamper.

3. I love how much you love Chicken Katsu and Curry and the big hugs I get every time I prepare it for dinner (and the extra hugs I get when I let you have second, third, fourth servings..) 

4. I love how much you love green things.

5. I love our target runs and how I always end up losing you somehow, only to find you hanging around the electronic section.

6.  I love your white shirt and jeans. and how I mentioned to you one time that your white shirt and jeans outfit was my favorite and you bought like 20 new white shirts the next day. {haha!}

7. I love coming home to you after a long night at work; even if you are still delirious in your sleep and don't give me any attention. :) 

8. I love your obsession with Mcdonalds iced coffees and how you always want to go study/read there instead of Starbucks.

9. but I also love how sacrificially you decide to take me to Starbucks instead since I don't like reading at fast food places.

10. I love how you do a silly dance when you're excited about something and how nobody else believes me that you do this.

11. I love how it only takes you 2 minutes to fall asleep at night and the immediate snoring party that follows shortly after. God was so sovereign in making me a heavy sleeper! 

12. I love that you still love me even when I'm sweaty and flushed and ugly at the gym.

13. I love how you always let me listen to my favorite song "Boyfriend" by Justin Bieber on the radio, only to ruin my favorite falsetto part every time!!!!!

14. I love how excited you are to show me that you did the dishes while I was at work because you know how loved I feel when you are thoughtful that way!

15. I love that you love discounts as much as I do! and how you always ask me before you buy something no matter how cheap it is!

16. I love praying with you and for you and being prayed for by you! It's one of my favorite things.

17. I love how we can talk about medical things during our lunch dates and still make it romantic. I love how we spent almost an hour talking about ACE Inhibitors during our breakfast date a few weeks ago and how giddy and excited we were talking about it.

18. I love how much fun we can having doing absolutely nothing and how we are both the hugest home bodies ever!

19. I love your love for the Lord and how I'm able to witness daily how you strive to live a life faithful before Him. I love how it spurs me on and challenges me to do the same. 

20. I love you just because. Sometimes I don't even know how to explain it and sometimes I don't even really need a reason why. I love you because your my husband. I love you because we made a promise to love each other through sickness and in health, til death do us part. In every season, no matter what the reason, I love you today, tomorrow and forever!


Happy birthday, Eugene! You are the love of my life and I am the luckiest girl ever.
Cheers to another victorious year!




1 comment:

  1. love it.

    this encourages me to kinda sorta want to get married eventually someday...hahaha

    ReplyDelete