Sunday, September 30, 2012

My top 6 iPhone apps

My iPhone was the first thing Eugene bought me after we got engaged and even though its a little outdated now, I love it! It's my little companion throughout the day and I do almost everything with it. My planner, shopping lists, budgeting programs, etc  are all conveniently packaged in my little electronic partner in crime. There's been so much hype about the iPhone 5 nowadays but I just wanted to break the ice and share my top 6 iphone apps.

Of course this excludes the usual necessities like Mail, Calenders, Weather, Instagram (hahaah) but these are the 6 most used applications on my iPhone on a day-to-day basis.

So here they are... in no particular order:

1) Avocado
 This is a messaging app for couples, and its been really fun and helpful for us so far. It's exclusive to just you and your partner (mine is password protected, hehe) and you can send each other pictures, emotions (you can take pictures of yourself as the emotions i.e. smiling, lol-ing, <3-ing, etc) and you can also create lists together. This has been helpful when I'm making a target run or going to the groceries because Eugene can just add things that he needs me to buy onto the list throughout the day. Pretty sweet.
 

2. Waze
This is a navigation application that works more like a GPS. It reads the directions out to you while your driving (unlike the Maps App on iPhone). The great thing about this App is that other "wazers" report if there's been an accident or if there's heavy traffic on the road, and you can choose (via waze) to go on a faster route. You can also contribute to this by reporting if you're in traffic, or if you see an accident/cop/foreign object on the road, etc. You'd be surprised how many wazers there are out there!


For all my fellow blog-lovers, this is will seriously be one of the best Apps you've ever downloaded. Even if you're just a huge news reader (like my husband), this is a really cool place you can store all your favorite websites and read it on the go. You can even import your google reader here and read all your favorite blogs anywhere you are!


I love this App for its convenience and its accessibility. It's a lot more pricey than it was when I first downloaded it, but if you don't hauling around your huge study bible everywhere this is definitely worth it.


The best alarm clock application ever created  (Thanks Alex O for the rec!) This App has changed my life in more ways than one. It's kind of confusing and hard to explain on how it works exactly, but it's basically a "smart" alarm clock that tries to wake you up when you're in your lightest sleep so that you wake up feeling most refreshed. Especially when I was only sleep 3-4 hours before my night shifts, this App really saved me. :) 


6. Songza
I will always love my pandora, but Songza has alot of cool features, too! The cool thing about songza, is you can pick your music based on what mood you're in or what kind of things you're doing. They have a huge list of playlists you can choose from and you can "like" or "dislike" songs to personalize the playlists to your taste. But, please beware: Songza doesn't censor profanity for some reason. Just click dislike on every song with profanity (like I did) and eventually it'll go away. haha! :)


My favorite list these days has been "Acoustic versions of Pop Songs" per my husband's recommendation. :) Super cooool

Happy Sabbath, my friends!

Love,
Sharon

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!