Thursday, September 13, 2012

snippets of our little home

I officially finished my last night shift this morning, and today was spent recuperating, making up for lost sleep and deep cleaning parts of the house. The laundry and dishwasher are running and I'm enjoying a quiet night at home while Eugene is diligently studying for his first big test next week.

I'm planning to spend the next month or so renovating our little apartment and really make it a "home".  Our home is very simple and very us, but it can use a little more jazz here and there. Before I make any changes, I wanted to capture snippets of our first apartment.  

Here are some of my favorite spots!

This is our wedding corner. It's located in the corner of our living room between our keyboard and TV, right near the window. I wanted to keep bits of our wedding day in the house so here you will find some of the things we had at our wedding, the sand from our unity sand ceremony with some coffee beans we used for table decor, and my bridal bouquet. 




I probably spend 80% of my time at home in the kitchen, so this is definitely one of my favorite spots. My kitchen counter is small, but it gets its job done. I cook rice, brew coffee, slow-cook things, toast my bread and prepare all my food on this little counter. 




cook book corner.
this picture was taken about three months ago, and I've added a few more books and magazines to this collection so it is ever-growing!


my favorite little spice corner. :)


our bedroom drawer.
and a cheesy little sign I found at TJ max for $3 (score!)


the blessings of home-making. :)
hopefully I can really make our little apartment "home" to us.
i'll keep you posted!

love,
sharon



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!