Monday, September 24, 2012

Everyday Life - Week 37 & 38

Hello, friends!

So these last two weeks have been extremely busy with Eugene having his first midterm, applying/interviewing for intern positions and me transitioning from night shift to day shift at work.  It's been super fun and exciting. Eugene and I have been so thankful for God's provision in our lives and for His constant presence that brings us so much comfort and encouragement. It's been sweet!

I just started my second week of day shift and I'm loving it so much. I'm learning alot of new things, making mistakes and never making the same mistakes again, meeting alot of doctors, and getting used to a normal sleep schedule. It's really lovely because me and Eugene sleep and wake up together AT THE SAME TIME which is amazing! The new challenge is learning how to prepare dinner before I go to work in the mornings since Eugene comes home earlier than me. I'm making a more hard-core meal plan for this week in preparation for this new week ahead! With all the craziness, I totally forgot to post an "everyday life" post last week so here's what the last two weeks looked like:

My two favorite things to have while "winding down": Le Dip lunch with lots and LOTS of sriracha and home/cookbook magazines.


Husband busy at school means I have to learn how to use this myself. Fixing stuff around our house is fun!


Fresh home-made guacamole means we're having toast with guac and eggs for breakfast. :)
I can't believe this egg was so big it covered the whole toast...


Appetizer-making party at my house for pastor Aaron's ordination. Lots of love and laughter while making steamy BBQ meatballs and caprese bites!


Pooped after running errands all day. Winding down again with my Rachel Ray magazine!


List-making to stay productive throughout the week. This was our meal plan (that we didn't follow). Oopsie :)


Our little plant that we were gifted with by Carson/Bryan when we had them over for lunch a few months ago. This is the first plant I've managed to keep alive. Me and Eugene were very diligent about taking good care of it... we even looked up how much sun/water it needed online. (See guys, we're trying!)


I've been meaning to deep clean the bathrooms for a while now. I'm really thankful that I did, oh my goodness. Praise the Lord for Lysol and Windex!!! p.s. hello random mini tabasco bottle.


Eugene is taking some really hard classes right now. He learned an entire year biochemistry in one lecture. (Yipes!) He was reviewing his OChem book in bed... exciting. :) p.s. don't mind Mr. Darcy, it was gift I received for my bridal shower. Eugene accepts. 


I've decided to invest a few dollars on flowers each month. It's a small price to brighten up our home beautifully. I bought these beautiful yellow flowers for our dining table and I smile everytime I pass by them. Here they are out on our balcony getting their daily dose of sunshine.


Empying my pockets after work. I carry a lot of stuff. Sheesh!


Last but not least, here's a happy picture of us from a wedding we attended last week! (Congrats, Hannah & Matt. We love you guys!) Props to our wonderful sister, Heidi :)


Off to run alot of errands today. Have a beautiful day, everybody!

give thanks: wonderful coworkers who make it easy to transition to day shift, nakedjuice to power up every morning, ripe avocados, days off to catch up on my chores, reminders in Colossians.

. . . .

"If then you have been raised with Christ,
seek the things that are above,
where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
Set your minds on things that are above,
not on things that are on earth.
For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God."
 
{Colossians 3:1-3}



1 comment: