Monday, September 10, 2012

Everyday Life - Week 36 (aka, Labor Day update.)

I was really bad with taking pictures this week so this won't be too exciting of a post. Sorry, friends! This week was busy with labor day dinner hosting, working, working, working and a sweet retreat with my church at the end of the week. My busy week resulted in very little pictures, and I actually only have pictures from two days from this week (Oops!) and I also totally forgot about my goals.. (yipes!) but life moves on and we're gonna be OK!

This will just be a Labor Day update, I guess. :)

Labor day was super sweet because we hosted both sides of our families to come and have dinner. I had work the night before so I was a little bit delirious making dinner for 10+ peeps on three and a half hours of sleep, but it was well worth it. I was kind of nervous hosting my dinner for our families for the first time so I played it safe and did a little mexican DIY party with fish tacos and steak fajitas. Super easy and quick, but great potential to be delicious!


Everyone busy at work. Can you please pass the guac? (that was a huge bowl of guac.. I used 10 avocados.)

Action shot...Assemble!


For dessert, I just put together a simple strawberry shortcake with Sara Lee's pound cake, some vanilla ice cream and chopped strawberries. A little on the heavy side, but thats what our extra "dessert" stomach is for, right?


My dad also got stitches a few weeks ago and thank goodness we had a doctor in the house! (especially because if it wasn't for her, it'd be my job...) This is what we call family bonding time! 


This is a shot of my dining table this morning. This basically sums up our weekend. Bibles/Journals laying around from the retreat, a first aid kit I kept in my bag throughout the weekend (you never know what could happen in the mountains!) reading blogs on my phone in bed, a new issue of Rachel Ray's magazine (yay!!) and new locks for our lockers (his at the USC gym and mine at work). 


Here's a quick snapshot of what it looks like when I wake up in the morning these days. This was at 5:24 am. Ever since Eugene started school, I've been trying to wake up early with him on my days off. It's been super sweet (and productive)! Usually I can get some reading, cleaning, laundry-ing, dish washing, and blog-reading done all before 9am. It's amazing!


This week is going to be exciting/interesting/bittersweet because it's my last week of night shifts at work. I've been fighting for a day shift position since my interview for the job and the time has finally come! I'm excited for a normal life and sleeping schedule and the new batch of coworkers I will have the privilege to work with but I'm going to miss my night shift family so much! I'm planning to write a few blog posts re: night shifts this week so stay tuned!

have a great week, everyone! 
i'm gonna work my heart out this week :) I serve the Lord Christ!


give thanks: time with family, time to retreat, encouragement from the body, the gift we have in God's Word, iced coffee, the smell of freshly baked cookies, my wonderful husband!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!