Friday, September 1, 2017

a letter to my 20-month old first-born, not-a-baby-anymore-but-always-gonna-be-my-baby, "baby baby boy"

dear darling baby boy,
happy 20 months! 



words can't express how grateful we are for you and how much joy and fun you bring into our little lives. at this age - you are friendly, silly, temperamental (at times!), very opinionated, picky (esp when it comes to songs we are listening to in the car), curious, easy going and so sweet.  you love to sing and dance. you generally eat really really well, though you aren't a huge fan of veggies (surprise, surprise). you are obsessed with trains, buses, vehicles in general, wa-wa, animals and fruit pouches (every morning when you wake up your first word is "pouch", lol!) you just started calling me "mommy" instead of "mama". you constantly need my attention - when I'm in the middle of a conversation you go 

"mama, mama, mama, mommy, mommy"
"yes baby?" 
"what's this?" (pointing to some random object)

you just started repeating everything I say and are learning so many words. Today we were at Target and I was trying to decide which travel shampoo to buy and you continued to repeat "how bout....this" after mommy said it once. (so cute! *sob*) you love eating spicy food (including kimchi and hot cheetos). you love to push buttons while saying "press" and "push". you always remind us to turn the light off by saying "off". you like to 'help' me in the kitchen - esp washing rice! you are really good at throwing away your diapers while saying "trow" (throw) and "twwwash" (trash) but sometimes you ask me to do it for you by saying "mama". you sleep with your toddler pillow, three blankies (lovingly called "boaw" and your two bears who you lovingly named "ash" and "tiko" (after grandma). you hate getting your diaper changed. You always want to go outside and ask all the time if u can go "owsss". I love it when you say the words "next", "arm" and "meh meh" (hehe). As of yesterday you stopped signing and now verbally say "all done" and "more".  you've lost some interest in books (mommy's fault) but love to scribble and are getting really good at puzzles! you love to be held and carried, which is hard for me to do in this 90+ degree heat whilst 37 weeks pregnant but I love holding you! you like to cuddle and rest your head on our shoulder - only immediately before bedtime and will ask to go "night night" when you're tired. you just recently started calling mommy's belly "baby" and love to share your snacks and water and give baby hugs and kisses (except when you're grumpy after naps. millions of little details I never ever want to forget.  we love you so. 



In just a little over two weeks, you will no longer be our only child but will be promoted to "big brother" and "first born". In many ways I'm nervous about your sister coming because of how it might change our dynamic and relationship with you. You made me a mama when you entered into this world - and it's hard to imagine what it will be like to have another baby. because you're my baby. people tell me that once the baby comes, you will seem so much bigger and older. which strangely makes me a little sad. I love that you're my baby. 


I can't imagine how our lives will be a month from now but it is with a full heart and so much gratitude that I anxiously wait for our new transition as a family of 4. I feel so thankful and blessed that God chose me to be your mama and hope and pray that I will daily cling to His grace to be faithful to his calling and for the strength and wisdom to do this job well. though you will not be the baby baby of the family anymore, you will forever be my baby and I love you so! 

let's do this thang baby boy. 
gird up your loins. 


xoxo,
mama

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!