Sunday, February 23, 2014

Everyday Life - Week 8

Happy Sunday! 

Can you believe we are already in our last week of February? This year is going by so fast. This week was sweet, but also came with a lot of hard lessons, hours stuck in bed (got sick again!), fights for joy, reminders to pray/be dependent (!!!!) and a lot of coffee. I also got to cook a lot this week, which is always a plus for me! 

Eugene has been pretty busy/stressed/tired these days because of school. These little moments come in waves. My sister Kat so cleverly named this "Hurricane Eugene" because our apartment looks crazy like it was hit by a storm and he is a force to be reckoned with. During these times I have to pray all the more for wisdom on how to be a loving, supportive and understanding wife to my pharmacy student hubby. It's tough at times but I'm thankful for this season of our lives and our marriage and how God constantly uses it to teach us about ourselves and about how much we need to be abiding in Him! 

Here's what this week looked like:

A quick lunch (literally like 30 mins!) with my sisters after church on Sunday. So happy all three of us were there together! My favorite little Japanese joint in Costa Mesa. 


We juiced last week. This is our usual: apples, kale, celery and carrot. (+ ginger, for me). So DELISH! 


We juiced because we ate this for dinner. I love making curry at home because I can make 10 servings of it and Eugene will eat it for days and not mind at all. :) 


Eugene desperately needed a haircut. 


Going to LA to eat dinner with our families. Missing Heidi...


I love/hate LA. 


My mom recently found a book she was reading when she was pregnant with me. With little sweet notes inside. So surreal. :)


All I remember about this night is eating crab legs. I love crab! 


Make shift dinner whilst cleaning out the fridge. My first successful soft boiled eggs! 


We went to a local breakfast joint and found out that food presentation isn't their priority. They get an A for effort with them olives though ;) 


This was on sale at the Korean market!! Only $4.99!!


So of course this had to happen. Spicy soy sauce Blue Crab (간장 계장)


This was also on sale at the Korean market....


So of course this had to happen!! Galbitang (갈비탕)...the ultimate comfort food. Recipe soon, because this was husband approved!!


Went to Portos three times this week. :) that's what happens when you live 5 minutes away!! 


The Loredo Omelet is our current fave. So many layers. We usually share ;) 


I'm trying to treasure these little mornings we have together. Short but sweet. 


And I leave you with this... 

Pure cuteness. 


Have a great week everyone! 
XOXO

Give Thanks: quiet moments to pray, iced lattes, sleeping in, time to read, reminders of Christ's humility in the gospel, small moments with Eugene, a new week ahead


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!