Sunday, February 2, 2014

Everyday Life - Week 5

In this season of our life, we're learning to appreciate the here and now and praise God for all the little details of our life. I want to start treasuring all the little details. 

A few random things about us currently: we have a lot of dirty dishes these days (never-ending, so it seems) and I'm learning to be okay with it. We do laundry in the laundromat to save money (almost $2-4 per trip!). Our little Christmas tree is still sitting on top of our bookshelf. We're still sleeping on the futon! A lot of Eugene's study sessions take place on the futon actually - and on most nights, I will try to give him a back scratch with my head on my pillow, until I fall asleep.  We take turns sleeping on the side near the desk and whoever needs to wake up earlier will sleep there since all the chargers for our phone are on that side. There are currently storage boxes sitting on our bed in our bedroom (Poor, neglected bedroom.) We love living next to Costco! Eugene is currently obsessed with mixing Chia seeds in his water.  I am currently in love with long shot dopio expressos at Starbucks. 

Thanking God for all the little things. :)

* * * * *

This is what our week looked like:

Computer training is not really my favorite, but coffee always  makes it more enjoyable! In this case, an extra shot of espresso was needed.


Discovering the beauty of greek yogurt in rotisserie chicken salad. It was wonderful!


My favorite Green Tea Latte place. Nobody does it better!


My parents have the best view ever. Clouds are forever my fave. So breathtaking!


Helped Isaiah with his homework and we were so excited to finish it before dinner time! Yay!


My first time at a Beard Papa's! I need one of those custard machines at home. ASAP.


Lunch with my mom and sister before her (my mom)'s mission trip to Korea.. SCHOOL FOOD! P.S. I seriously heart SOONDAE (so sad that the English name for it is "Blood Sausage"... eek!)

Porto's breakfast dates are my fave. Our time in Downey will forever be remembered by these sweet mornings. Guava Cheese Rolls, yum yum.


The moment after I realized that I did not ANY drink water or pee for more than 13 hours. My body was not too happy with me on this day! Oops!


But it was rewarded with a sweet date night with Eugene at a local Japanese joint we found. Yelp gave us a free side order and it was the best braised pork belly I ever tasted. :)


After a trip to DAISO - on our way to get some coffee.


The most hipster coffee shop ever.


I tried a crock pot lasagna recipe this week and it was AMAZING. It ended up being more of a lasagna casserole but we were totally okay with that. I am now a believer of cooking dry lasanga noodles directly in a slow cooker. Cooks in 2 hours. (!!!)


Here's that long shot dopio I was telling you about. Look at all that espresso foam. Yum!


A really easy pulled pork recipe on the blog for you! We used our crock pot A LOT this week, if you haven't noticed already. We love it!



I have big plans this week in the kitchen..
Let me just say CHICKEN PHO is on the menu!
Can't waaaaaait!

XOXO
Have a great week, everybody!




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!