Tuesday, October 23, 2012

{five} I ran around like a head-less chicken today, but...

..there's always much to be thankful for. :)


1. Celebrating a co-worker's 37th birthday with amazing pizza & cake (hi, Sean!) and ending the night by visiting one of my favorite nurses ever who is now a lovely mommy of THREE (hiya, Amy!!)

2. Tag-teaming with a cardiologist all day to get my patient's crazy rapid Afib heart rate of 140-160's to a stable 60's by the end of my shift. *whew* thank goodness for cardizem drips and digoxin! Amen, amen.

3. Taking care of an 85+ year old caucasian grandma who is the BIGGEST k-pop star I've ever met. She legitly knew EVERY korean drama, TV show, boy/girl band groups, actor names, etc. I got owned... but in the end of the day we smiled and kept calling each other "korean sisters 4 life". It was AMAZING.

4. My mid-day coffee break with Ken, who never fails to take 2-3 trips to the cafe and cafeteria every day we work together.

5. Reminders of Christ's unconditional, self-sacrificing, self-giving, wholehearted love for me - and how that motivates me daily to love and serve my patients with all that I have-- regardless of how needy, particular, demanding they may be sometimes.

+ + +

Rejoicing, even amidst busy work days! One down, two to go...

Give thanks: prayers in the car before going into work (with my coffee at hand, of course!), the quaint little Starbucks open at 5am every day, Eugene at home, waking up with Eugene, smiling co-workers to get me through the day, free food at Corner Bakery, fellowshiping with Ashley to put things into perspective, reminders of Christ who perfectly demonstrates His humility and wholehearted love for us in the gospel

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!