Thursday, October 18, 2012

dear world.. sincerely, an angry body

hi friends,
here's a quick update--  Since last Sunday, Eugene has been spending the night at his parents' place and has been super busy with clinicals and midterm-studying. I, on the other hand, have been trying to adjust to a husband-less home, learning how to grocery shop and cook for one, and trying to fill my time with sweet things. I wasn't feeling 100% since the beginning of last week and this past tuesday, my body got hit with something strange. I've been having fevers, dizzy spells, bloody-noses (so weird) and a lot of stomach problems. the only solution (as of now) has been lots and lots of sleep and lots and lots of tea.


I took some time off work this week to recover, but staying at home all day makes me feel so groggy. I get overzealous during the days and try to run errands and meet with people--but, once the sun goes down my body gets angry at me and shuts down. it's been quite strange. good news is Eugene will be home for the weekend starting tomorrow night, and thinking about it now makes me feel better already!

Eugene has been really busy lately and I can tell that the pressure of pharmacy school plus commuting to LA is no joke. Alot of times I feel so helpless and inadequate because I want to help him somehow but there's nothing I can tangibly do. I realized that the only thing that I could do for my husband is to pray for him. At first, I was so disappointed that this was "all I could do" but I'm learning that this is no little thing. Praying for him is probably the best and most important thing I could do for him. Oh me of little faith! God has really been teaching me how I could be a good wife and helper for Eugene during this season of him being in school. It's been an adjustment for us but I'm learning... slowly but surely. I'm so thankful that we have a God who strengthens us and enables us to persevere through every circumstance. So, so thankful that we have a God who hears our prayers and desires for us to rely upon Him fully in faith. It hasn't been easy, but God is faithful so we're doing okay :)

Learning to rejoice and be thankful in every circumstance!

* * *

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.
Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.
The Lord is at hand.
Do not be anxious about anything
but in everything by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

{Philippians 4:4-7}

here is an old one of us during our early dating days. :)
can't wait to spend time with my husband tomorrow!

hope everyone is having a lovely week!
xoxo

give thanks: company at home while eugene is away (hi susan and esther!), free books on kindle, reading in bed, green tea, netflix, the power of prayer and the God Who hears them.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!