Monday, October 22, 2012

Everyday Life - Week 41 & 42

Happy Monday!

These last two weeks have been a little hazy for me with the whole sickness drama and Eugene being away from home, but its a new week and I'm excited! Eugene is staying home with me this week and I'm really, really, REALLY happy :) It makes me smile just thinking about it!

I go back to work starting tomorrow, and I'm actually really excited (a bit nervous too!) These next few weeks are filled with many happy and sweet things and I'm bracing myself for yet another busy season. Next week is our one-year wedding anniversary, and I can't believe how fast its come. The saying is so true-- the days are long, but the years are so short! Time has flown by and this year has truly been one of many blessings, learnings, growings, and alot more -ings. More on that later.

Here's what these last two weeks looked like:

This is what I call, preparing for the week. This is my sandwich/salad prepping station :) I try to prechop most of my veggies so I can quickly assemble salads and sandwiches in the mornings.


Eugene's favorite korean soup these days has been "miyukgook" (also known as, seaweed soup). It's incredibly healthy and super duper easy to make. Recipe soon?


Making tuna sandwiches are my favorite! SO easy. I started making it with greek yogurt instead of mayo and it tastes great (and SUPER healthy!) Of course I need to slap on some avocados, tomatoes and arugula to spice it up a bit!


I bought this blood pressure machine a few months ago and we LOVE it. Being a nurse kind of makes you paranoid, so I bought it so I could keep track of our blood pressure. I should also mention that when we have guests over, I take all their blood pressures too! Beware.


Making good use of my ABUNDANT supply of extra big tshirts (from schools/church events/conferences/retreats/blood donations) to make work out clothes. Goodbye shirt tan!


Whenever I get sick, I drink ALOT of tea. It's lovely.


Because our house was empty, I appreciated the extra company I had last week. Susan (deathstare) slept over for a few days and we watched some "Say Yes to the Dress" and ALOT of "Bones". It was so fun!


Another one of my friends got married (Hoooray!) It was sweet. Filled with lots of love and lots of boba.




Speaking of weddings, I must say--  I am seriously the worst bride ever. Still working on our "Thank You's"... Sorry my friends.


Have a great week, everybody!
Off to sleep early before my 1st day of work for the week! YAY

xoxo,
sharon

give thanks --  sweet fellowship with sisters, girl time, quiet evenings to fold laundry, baking, BBQ chicken combo at aloha, eugene at home, reminders of God's sovereignty in every season of our lives, my anniversary gift ordered on amazon today (YIPPEE!! tell you about it later!!!!!)


1 comment:

  1. can you put the recipes up or send them to me for your quickie meals? I need more healthy quick tasty options to make for the week!! :)

    ReplyDelete