Monday, April 30, 2012

Everyday Life - Week 17

This has been an extremely exciting week for us! Eugene got into a pharmacy school in LA so we've been in quite a jumble since then. Researching housing options, train schedules, jobs in LA hospitals for me, etc. We had spent extensive time preparing for his fall semester at Western University, but the tables have turned and its a whole new ball game now. It's exciting and scary at the same time, and to be honest there is ALOT of uncertainty ahead of us but we're excited to see how the Lord will continue to guide our paths for these next 4 years. We've definitely been alot more prayerful as a couple as we so desperately long for God to give us the wisdom we need to make the right decisions. It's been a challenge but a sobering one so we're still praising. :) God is so gracious.

Anyway, enough gibber gabber for now. Here's what last week looked like:

---
I was in a huge breakfast making mode last week.

Tortillas were on sale at Ralphs so we stocked up on 2 big bags. They were sitting in the pantry unused so I had to get creative! 
Who doesn't like Breakfast Burritos?


The sun rarely hits our side of the building but this evening our living room was kissed by the sunset.
It was sweet :)


One of my favorite dinners to prepare inspired by one of my favorite sisters, Tina. :) 


My smiley guest :) We both had major food coma after..


I'm seriously such a sucker for sales. Thank goodness Eugene approved!



Nothing beats a simple breakfast after a long night shift. Strawberries are my fave!


More breakfast making. I'm still practicing my over-easy eggs skillz. This one is my greatest masterpiece so far!

My daily trip to Starbucks. Enjoying the simple things in life -- like people's leftover newspapers that they leave for others to enjoy. 


Mid-week lunch date with my sister. $5.99 for a chicken lunch combo. Sweet deal :)


Kalguksu dinner. I'm trying to sharpen my korean food making skills. So fun! 


We drove to LA a few times this week so I got to spend alot of time listening to Eugene's music. Apparently he listens to gangsta beats when he works out. (That's right, I said it, "gangsta beats"..)


I seriously love weddings! Especially when its a celebration of Christ and his covenant love with the church. Congrats David & Sarah! David was in small group with Eugene when he started dating Sarah so this was a special wedding for us. :)


Leave it to me and Eugene to eat the party favors before the meal. and prayer. Oops!


Give thanks: days off to spend with Eugene. honesty and confrontation, learning to receive correction with humility, the fact that God is sovereign over our sanctification as well as our justification, california rolls for dinner, prayer, anticipation for summer, recipe ideas on pinterest


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!