Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Esther!


Esther is one of my closest friend.
For the last few years, she's been my other half (almost literally). We're opposite in a lot of ways-- for example, I've got all the sensitive genes (enough for both of us and then some..), and she's got all the atheletic, sporty genes. 

Our story actually began in 7th grade, when we got in trouble at the same time during our history class. I remember we had to both stay after class to write an essay to explain our "inappropriate behavior." We rarely exchanged words after that event until we met again in college to be friends forever! I guess we were bound to be friends from the beginning. In college, she became my partner in crime (and craziness) and she stood beside me on my wedding day as my maid of honor. The girl who would never wear anything pink wore a baby pink flowery dress for my wedding. That's true friendship in my book. :)


Anyone who knows Esther on a personal level knows that she is faithful, responsible and super, super disciplined. She serves very quietly behind-the-scenes and never hesitates to meet any need if she's aware of it. She's one of the busiest people I know (works full time and in grad school... so hardcore), but she makes time to serve at church, meet up with sisters, play soccer (for TWO different teams) and even grabs lunch with me during her breaks.  I really love birthdays because it gives me occasion to celebrate and praise God for the wonderful people I have been blessed with in my life. God has been so faithful in growing Esther into the beautiful girl that she is today and I know He will only continue to work mightily in and through her as the years go by. 

Even though we don't see each other as often as we used to or go out and act crazy all the time like we did in college, my love and appreciation for her never fades. She's the even-though-we-haven't-seen-each-other-in-6-months-lets-just-catch-up-from-where-we-left-off type of friend, which is what I love about our friendship. Can't wait for all God has in store for us!

Cheers to another victorious year of learning, growing, and hugging (from me, at least).


Here are some shots from our birthday brunch last Sunday.


Eggs Benedict and Dungeness Crab Omelet @ Plum's Cafe.



Happy Birthday Esther!


You are loved!

Two random facts about Esther
1) Esther loves the color orange (and always has!) I remember she always wore these long orange longsleeves in middle school.
2) Her most used phrases to me are :
"uhhhhhh.. you're weird."
"fail."
"rude."

I love you Esther!

Give thanks: my friendship with Esther, God's sovereignty over all things, coffee ice- cream, my 10-day vacation starting today (woo-hoo!)

1 comment:

  1. "uhhhhhh.. you're weird."
    "fail."
    "rude."

    LOL SO TRUE. (Btw you girls are so beautiful.)

    Happy birthday Esther!

    ReplyDelete