Sunday, February 11, 2018

everyday life - week 5 + 6



A little catch up post on the last two weeks.

To be honest, these last few weeks have been more challenging than usual. We finally ended the month of (what felt like) nonstop work and scheduling mishaps and we've been dealing with a lot of tantrums/meltdowns/toddler-esque behaviorisms with big brother and lots of skipped naps, bottle training drama and fussiness from baby girl. There were a lot of long nights and a lot of weary days but still so much fun and so much to be thankful for in the nitty gritty of the everyday.

We've been keeping busy. I've honestly felt like a hot mess almost every day these last few weeks. I went to sleep almost every night with a sink full of dirty dishes, clean laundry in the dryer for 3+ days and toys never picked up and put away at the end of the day -- I've just been having a growing desire to want to offer up each day to the Lord and to just be faithful. Even if outwardly, things are messy and imperfect and hot-mess-ish -- I've just been desiring to focus on and prioritize the important things (being present with my kids, taking care of my working husband and tending to my soul) rather than being too preoccupied by the endless to-do's and the tugging desire to "have it all together." As a result, I've found a lot of freedom of just letting go and doing my best to be faithful (not perfect!)

It's been sweet.

Here's a peak:

There are a few things I love more in life than family time. I am so blessed that my parents (and sisters) love to spend time with me and my kids when Eugene is away and am always so thankful for their company. My family's favorite place to go is Honey Pig. It's like a running joke because it's so hard for us to deviate from this place.. but it's so delicious! (And Asher looooves the endless supply of kimchi, lol!)


One of the most fun things about this age is PRETEND PLAY! Especially when its with friends. and FOOD! 


This kid seriously LOVES books.


And it makes me SO happy! (Here he is at Costco..he wouldn't let us leave for like 30 mins...)



Our favorite way to end a Costco trip: BERRY SMOOTHIES (split into two cups. with Asher's watered down hehe)


sweet girl in pink.


A boy and his imagination. (Construction is currently going on outside every day so he's had nonstop entertainment in the afternoons!)


January is always so busy with my etsy shop! Sending off some of these pun-ny valentines day cards! I'm almost down to my last few sets! Hooray! (Click here to SHOP!)


I had to take a photo of this because I couldn't stop laughing. Eugene chose this drink because it's "healthy" (peach me sweet tea at Tastea) I also got him a large because you know - why not, it's healthy! And its not like it doesnt have 2,000 calories and probably 120g of sugar. LOL (He deserved it for helping me watch the kids all day while I was working/sleeping after my night shift!)


Testing out different things in my instapot. Here are two VERY large and VERY frozen pieces of meat. 60 minutes on "Meat/Stew" options on the instapot, compeltely submerged in water makes these two almost-hopeless pieces of meat SO juicy and tender. WIN! I love not having to thaw meats.


I always try to do at least some kind of meal prep before my night shifts. This took place after our grocery run to Costco so we had some new meat to cook and lots of veggies! It was so yum! and made so many on-the-go meals for us!


A hosted my first Facebook Party as an Usborne consultant a couple weeks ago and it's been a ton of fun! I have another one tomorrow (well, technically tonight!) which I am so excited about. Planning to do a few posts on here about my favorite books -- stay tuned!


Asher loves H so much. So thankful to be able to do life with friends!


Lots of tummy time recently. Our favorite thing to do is tummy time whilst watching big brother play and read! I'm totally diggin this time while she's a bit more immobile (so much easier to handle the both of them!) but I'm looking forward to them playing together soon!!


I've been in a crazy printing/cutting/laminating frenzy recently and it has been such a great way to "wind-down". Everyone asks me how I have time to do all of this worksheet/learning materials prep but it really is moreso for me. (SO MUCH THERAPY!) I love listening to my own music (and not Pinkfong's baby shark 100x in a row), watching a movie or listening to a podcast (current fave: Risen Motherhood) while letting my hands do mindless busy work!


Books and breakfast - best combo!


Books and Coffee (should I start a series?)


Books and train rides! I love this little love bug.


And cant forget my baby girl. This is a couch seat at Barnes and Noble. I sat here to nurse Avery (covered with my Milk Snob nursing cover) when she laid out the most humungous and juicy fart. There was a family sitting behind me (back to back) reading books and they all turned around and I saw them in my periphery. I COULDNT EVEN SAY ANYTHING because I know for sure they thought it was me. Because i was sitting behind them. and the fart was so loud and adult-sized. and Avery was hidden inside the nursing cover so they couldn't see her and probably didnt know I was holding a baby. UGH. I love you anyway baby girl. I'll take this one for the team. I gotchu.


4.5 months because I kept forgetting to take her 4 month photo.


Nibbles is our FAVORITE book right now.  We've read it everyday for 2 weeks. And most days at least 2-3 times.


So rare but sweet when we all get together! I love my sisters.


I got this for Asher when he was about a year old and it was great for fine-motor practice. Now he finally understands how to properly play with it and it's been a great quiet activity that he can do on his own. We love this Little Hands Button Art Activity!!


A few weeks ago, we became brand reps for bitty beginnings! We have ALWAYS loved their little activities so we are excited to be able to share in our love and excitement for all the fun things this shop has to offer! Here is Asher and his friend H doing a worksheet from the Do-A-Dot A-Z activity! (Click HERE for the Bitty Beginnings etsy shop and use promocode "SHARON20" for a 20% off discount on ANYTHING!) Will post more activities soon!


Practicing their korean.


Been trying to simplify our morning schedules to have more time to slowly start the day. Mornings like this have been my favorite recently.



A cool and sweet treat to get through humpday.

I found these instant pho packets at the korean market and they have been lifechanging especially because I crave pho almost every day. LIFE CHANGING.


Trying to take more photos together finally. I love this girl so much!


One of our current favorite books from Usborne are these "Big Books". He's currently been obsessed with the "Big book of Sea Creatures".


Tummy time for days. Please get stronger so you can sleep on your belly at nights. <3


How does this always happen? Literally. How is it possible that I seriously only have one of each pair... Guess someone is gonna be wearing mismatched socks for a while.


Working on letter recognition (This week was the letter A) and trying to get him used to doing quiet activities.


Ended the week with a sisters coffee date which ended up just being semi-chaos juggling cranky and hangry kids but the company and the iced coffees and bear latte art was ALL worth it.



Cheers to a new week!
<3

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!