Monday, February 19, 2018

everyday life - week 6

happy monday! (now tuesday -- eep!)

doing these "everyday life" posts are making it hard for me to find reason to post any other kind of posts -- hehe. I've really loved being able to capture little moments of everyday. Without further ado - here's what this week looked like:

A has always had an interest in food/cooking - he LOVES playing with play food (though we don't have a play kitchen set yet.) He is always super interested when I'm cooking and loves to try to help when he can (and when I let him!) He's been begging me to let him cut stuff so I let him "help" me make some curry by slicing up some of the zucchini (We even added it to our curry together, hehe! So cute!) We had to review almost 20x that mommy's knife is "REALLY BIG OWIE" and to only touch the ones we give to him. Hopefully I dont get mom-shamed for this -- ITS A BUTTER KNIFE YALL. I'll be safe.

Looking to maybe get this knife set for him someday!

My days usually consist of Avery laying on the floor with us on the mat while Asher brings me endless amounts of books to read. Here he is telling me stop taking pictures to read him a book.

Here he is again. As tiring as it is read him so many books over and over everyday - I LOOOOVE little moments like this. I love everything about it! I love how small Avery is. I love how Asher is just starting to ask -- "what's this?" and how he repeats it after saying "ohhhh!" I love picking Avery up to give her a smooch and then putting her on her belly - and how she props her head 90degrees with a deer in the headlights look. I love it all.

Slowly starting to brave some outdoors time with both babies finally. Avery hated being in any wraps and bjorns when she was little so it was so hard to come outside to chase A around. but the weather was perfect and we loved our fun outdoor adventures! Hoping we can do more fun things outside together, especially as baby gets older!

Captured this week moment when Asher was having a man-to-man talk with daddy after getting in trouble.
Warms my heart.

Made a veggie-filled pasta in the instapot. It was really hearty. and meaty!  Best of all - Asher had no idea and ate up all the sauce (har har har).  I used to say that I didnt ever want to hide my veggies but just teach my kids to love veggies. Oh, pre-motherhood sharon - so cute. so naive. LOL. Will post a recipe soon!

I had a lot of random shifts for work this year so had some limited family time but savored whatever I could! There's truly nothing sweeter than spending time with my family!

So happy on daddy's shoulders.

Ended my work training early so we were able to sneak off for a lunch break.

BOGO coupons call for treat yo'self meals. And UMAMI's chicken tender's kids meal has the craziest portions ever. And that Ahi burger. With truffle aioli - SO YUM

This guy LOVES ketchup. And loves sounding out the letters of his name!

Quiet afternoons are a rare occurence in this stage of motherhood but sometimes it happens and it's pure magic. Not enough praise hand emoji's in the world.

Asher has recently been into playdoh and I have been loving the fine motor practice that it has providing. I'm trying to feed into his new obsession by giving him lots of fun activities after his naps (esp because he usually wakes up super cranky after his short naps!)

We were #blessed with a date night the day after v-day and of course we had to have KBBQ. This dinner was amaaazing! We ate quietly, in peace and had a much-needed catch up date. We are not crazy valentine's day people - but it's actually our dating anniversary (Eugene is so embarassed!) so we celebrated 8 years of God's faithfulness to us!

We have been IN LOVE with these bitty beginnings A-Z write n' wipe activity cards. I printed them larger because Asher is younger and doesn't have the best pen control yet and this size was perfect for him. He actually found them before I was able to cut them and hole punch them - and it ended up being the best little activity for him! He loves going through each page to practice tracing and saying the letters and the little pictures on each card.



I'm planning to do a seperate post soon of all the goodies we have from this awesome shop - but if you want to grab some for yourself, use promocode: SHARON20 for 20% off!




---



Have a great week, everyone!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!