Sunday, February 25, 2018

everyday life - week 7

Happy Sunday!

We have been alternating back-to-back night shift schedules for the 8 days, Eugene was gone this week and I was sick at home with the kids-- but by God's grace we survived and lived to tell the tale. Hooray! He is good. So thankful that especially in our weakness (and hot-mess-ness), God's presence and help feel so real and near. This week was definitely one of those weeks. So hard (being sick while trying to take care of two littles who both take turns refusing to nap is not the most fun...) but also, so good. Lots of hard lessons learned while learning how to fully depend on Him for the strength and physical/emotional energy to get through each day and how we can choose to have JOY and GRATITUDE, even in the midst of the chaos. My body feels  shot but I finished the week with a heart refreshed and re-energized by a kind of strength and joy that only He can provide!

So here's what this week looked like:

Asher helped me grocery shop for REALZ for the first time! Finally the perfect height for these little shopping carts - and he can finally practice some self control and follow instructions (lol!) and it was so much fun and surprisingly VERY convenient, haha! I just pushed baby in the stroller while giving him all the groceries to put him "his" cart. Cant wait to go again!



Every morning I woke up feeling so gross and thinking "maybe i'll just let him watch tv all day today, i dont think i can make it through the day"...but somehow, I managed to get myself to leave the house and it surprisingly made me feel so much better. Fresh air is good for the soul. Here is asher saying hi to the chicks that he's been able to see grow up at Pretend City!



Enjoying some art therapy


Sick mama means we ate pho TWICE this week. So thankful for a free kids meal coupon which meant I didnt have to share my noodles hehe!


Spontaneous play dates are my favorite. Being able to grow up with baby friends is also my favorite!


For most of this week Asher took 15-30 minute naps (and so did Avery, *sob*) but on this particular day I felt soooo sick and was soooo tired. And Asher napped for almost 2 hours!! And then he wanted to just stay in his crib to read for another 30 minutes so I was able to sneak in a nap on the floor in his room. I was so happy and thankful I could cry.



Lots of quiet inside activities at home this week.


I am becoming a big time AZN coupon lady and I love it. Coupons are life. And this chicken- prosciutto salad from Medocino farms is EVERYTHING. Roasted veggies. thick layers of prosciutto. Tangy balsamic dressing. It's my jam. (And I used a BOGO so Eugene loved it too!)


Asher has recently become obsessed with mangos.


Fun at disneyland!!! First of many, many play dates to come! SO. MUCH. FUN!


All four kids stopping by for a snack.


The most chaotic part of the day when Eugene is gone for work is the 2-3 hours from dinner, bath to bedtime. My dining table becomes a place of chaos during these hours and we eat out of tupperware and have dirty dishes and bottles and random things from the day everywhere.


This little lady is going through some sort of growth spurt or leap and has been taking the shortest naps (20-30 mins) and waking up more at night. I've been letting her start the morning with me in bed and it has been my absolute fave. I could cuddle and kiss her for hours! I love her so much..


Chick Fil A is literally God's gift to moms. I love CFA. We spent the whole day here, literally. Came for breakfast and then ate lunch there.


Someone is still obsessed with alphabet and this Usborne book has been so much fun to look at together! We love our Usborne books so much!


This week was so cold. We also did a lot of clean-out-your-fridge meals this week. This veggie udon was perfection in a bowl and Asher ate so much broccoli this day and made me so happy.


He seriously loves his letters. Currently also obsessed with playdoh.


Baby girl is also recently so curious and playful and wants to touch EVERYTHING (which makes Asher really happy if you can imagine....) So much fun seeing her grow up and develop but it's too fast this time around! :'( Where did my baby baby go..


This was my view almost all week because I would lay on the floor trying to get some rest while watching Asher read and look through his books. I love that he loves to 'read'. :)


Babygirl going cray on her jumper.

Afternoon, post-nap reading time.


Usborne book delivery!!!! Got so many free/discounted books and I don't know who was more excited: Me or Asher. Probably me.


Also, a good capture from this week that I found on my babycam. (Seriously, this was me all week) Trying to nap train Avery in her crib (failed so hard...) and constantly having to sneak in like a ninja to try to help soothe her with her paci while hiding so that she doesn't see me.



Excited for a new week! Have a great week everyone <3

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!