Tuesday, August 2, 2016

asher is 7 months!

What a busy, busy month!  



Here are highlights:

Asher at 7 months....
  • finished first swimming lessons and had a blast! Still loves going to the pool and loves splashing around. Can finally dunk/hold his breath underwater without freaking out and will spit out excess water. So crazy how he learned how to do that!
  • is crawling around ev.er.y.where! We had to buy a gate to barricade him in a designated area away from choking hazards/extension cords while I go pee! Jee whiz, can't catch a break sometimes! (Pun most definitely intended.)
  • loves to rock back and forth on all fours (trying to graduate out of army crawling onto big-boy crawling I think!) It also helps him poo, lol!
  • (speaking of poo...) has constipation! It's the worst (for me moreso for him!) He never really seems bothered by it but sometimes he goes 7-8 days without going poo once and it makes me so worried! We eat prunes and pears and peas everyday. 
  • can sometimes stand himself up if he has something to support him. (Is this normal for a 7 month old?) This guy is determined to get himself up and get moving! It's freaking me out *tear*
  • has TEETH! He has two bottom teeth and they are ultra sharp and he is super shy about em. I think I have only seen them 1-2 times. I try almost 10 times a day to see his teeth by pulling his lower lip down but he always covers it immediately with his tongue. Teething wasn't too bad this time around! Just a little bit of fussiness and a lot of clingyness (which I secretly loved, hehe)
  • is an eating machine! (and it is soooo entertaining to watch!) We started babyled weaning and it has been A LOT of fun! A new post about it coming next...stay tuned! 
  • loves to eat juicy things like watermelon, zucchini and steak. Also loves popsicles! 
  • doesn't have stranger anxiety but has major FOMO (like mommy....) He doesn't really care who is with him as long as someone is. When he's at home inside his baby cage and I go to the bathroom/kitchen/out of his sight, he literally goes bonkers. like totally cray cray. i.e. face and palms straight on the floor, scream/crying. It's a little bit funny and it also little bit drives me crazy but its also really really cute. I'm thankful that he is happy to hang out/be held by anyone (and not just me & eugene) i.e. at Eugene's bday bbq, I didn't hold him for 3+ hours and he was as happy as can be in other peoples arms! 
  • shudders when he's scared (Is this what all babies do? I dont know. but it is SO CUTE) He is mainly scared of loud noises (i.e. sudden applause at church) and the shower. Also, he haaaates my nutribullet (lol!) 
  • loves sucking on the tip of my phone charger (you know, the metal piece that plugs into your phone? yep. don't call CPS..)
  • squeals and smiles x10000 when daddy comes home from work. It's sooo adorable and makes me so happy. He loves his daddy so much! 
  • is transitioning from 3 to 2 naps. I've been clinging onto that 3rd nap for dear life but he refused it this whole week, so I'm throwing in the towel this week. My babe is officially only on 2 naps :'( 
  • loves kisses and rasberries on his neck. I am currently in the process of trying to figure out how to manually burn the image of the face he makes when we kiss/blow on his neck into my memory. If anyone knows how I can successfully do this, please advise!!!
  • understands "mah-mah" ("food" in korean, but his translation is breastmilk) I can tell when he's hungry now because I'll say "Asher, mah-mah?" and he does his hungry cry which pretty much sounds like a dog panting/trying to catch his breath, lol..
7 month photos commemorating our faves as we started our full-blown solid-food eating adventure! 

We love you baby boy! 

xoxo,
mama

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!