Wednesday, July 20, 2016

first swim class ~

one of my goals for this summer was to take Asher to swimming lessons. 
we just finished our last day!  


because Asher is still so little, the swimming class was obviously a mommy and me class. It was a relatively small class (5-6 mommy & baby pairs) and was only 25 minutes for each session! Asher has always loved the water so I was so excited for this class! 


He was the youngest in his class by far (everyone else was 14+ months old.) Asher couldn't do 90% of the stuff because he doesn't really know how to follow directions (kick your legs, splash with your arms, blow bubbles, etc) but I had fun splashing him around and getting him comfortable in the pool. He was so fascinated by all the big kids and would watch so intently. Can't wait to see how much better he will be next year! 

If anything, Asher learned how to dunk his head under water (I think....lol) and both of us had fun bonding under the summer rays. Thankfully, we have a couple more months of summer left so we'll definitely be having lots of pool days in our near future! 

PS. this is our sleepy boy post-swim class. he alwaaaays fell asleep in the car on our short drive home and would take the longest nap afterwards. I remember post-swim naps being one of my favorite things growing up, so I'm so thankful to be able to share that with my beautiful boy hehe.


cheers to many more summer adventures! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!