Sunday, January 25, 2015

everyday life - week 4

Can't believe we are already in the last week of January - this week is buzzing buzzing by.  

I've been out of commission for the most of last week because I caught the yucky cold. I wasn't able to go to work for the majority of the week - which meant I spent a lot of time at home and drank a lot of tea. I'm finally nearing the tail end of it and I'm excited to have full energy again. However, the husky morning voice has sorta been my fave. I've been singing a lot of John Mayer and Norah Jones lately. It's been lovely! 

The first day I got sick I slept for almost 7 hours during the day and woke up craving fries. Since all of our favorite soup places were closed on Sunday - Eugene took me here and it was a good decision. 


The next day we got the soup though and it was worth the wait. Those green onions, though.. 


Like I said, we drank a lot of tea. Like almost 4-5 cups a day. 

Of course we drank some iced tea too! I was so thankful for this rare but sweet mid-week date! 

Eventually I went back to work and back to my usual snacks. 

I also finally did a soft opening for our shop. We currently only have two items --  some "pun-ny" valentines day cards and a nursery print. check it out -- {www.etsy.com/shop/sweetwhimsicality} everyone has already been so, so supportive and I have felt so blessed.

once I felt a little better, I dragged myself out again. this obviously made it kinda easy to get out there and start doing things again. this was my favorite kind of morning. 

I finally went to go see my primary care physician. here I am getting checked for my cold, getting my annual done and getting my malaria and typhoid pills for my trip.  we're leaving in just a few weeks - yipes! 

It rained this week. so Eugene requested chili and grilled cheese. that panini maker is doing magic for us right now. 


Eugene has been super busy since starting school again and one of my favorite things about this year is that he's been studying more at home. He often takes power naps and ask me to wake him. This kills me every time. 
<3 

 I'm screwed when we have kids. I'm probably gonna just take 100 photos of them sleeping everyday - just warning you. 


Here we are drinking tea again. This one is camomile. Loose leaf is so gorgeous. 


I had to snap a picture of this because it so accurately depicts our life right now. A lot of dirty dishes and when I say dishes, of course I mean Tupperware. Can't wait to have a normal life and eat dinner at home with my hubby every night once he's done with school!! 


We ate a lot of pizza at work. I may or may not have stress-ate 5 slices that day.  I still need to detox this out of my body..


finally learned the beautiful art of photoshop.. thanks to my graphic artist sister Audrey. learning photoshop myself means being able to do fun projects like this whenever I want. I've been wanting to make this house rules print forever!  Hopefully will be able to get this printed soon :) 


Getting Porto's on a Saturday morning means 1-hour waiting time in line. Which also means that a dozen pasteries were bought to make the wait time worth it. Only made sense. 


One of my fave pics of one of my fave couples. Thankful that they always let me third wheel.
Starbucks trips with them are my fave. 

cheers to a healthier week!

Xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!