Sunday, January 11, 2015

everyday life - week 2 (+ our last week of break)

we've sorta been in vacation mode these last few weeks. even though we've both been working full time hours -- having Eugene home from school for winter break has been such a blessing! although we didn't go on any trips or anything - we were able to enjoy our "staycation" by spending a lot of time at home and going on a lot of foodie adventures (I've only cooked at home a handful of times in the last few weeks!) 

school starts back up again tomorrow - and although I will miss my free time with Eugene, I'm excited to have routine back in my life again. A lot of projects and things on my to-do list have been put on hold so that I could enjoy my husband during break -- but now it's time to get back to work! 

here's what our last week of winter break looked (and tasted) like: 

Indian lunch buffets are probably one of the best things ever. Especially when it's less than $10! 


NUTELLA LATTE. 


coffee date with my fave is my ultimate fave. 


a lot of art projects lined up for this new year!


we've been trying to drink a lot more tea at home. I think we went through 10 bags this week. 


We enjoyed our one and only day off together in Pasadena with good eats, watching hunger games and killing zombies at Dave & Busters. These "nachitos" were supposed to be our appetizer. 


Woops! 


I've been trying to get myself to go to the gym after work. The gym does not sound terribly exciting after a 12 hour shift -- but wearing my gym clothes under my scrubs has helped significantly!


last lunch date at one of our favorite lunch spots. that is one very generous rib eye wrap. 


Working out in the morning is tough... but this oatmeal mix definitely makes the morning easier! (Even though it looks like vomit... Yipes)


My first stitchfix. So much fun! 


A little bit of sunshine and latte art = happiness. 



Our cafeteria food recently got fancy. 


I was having a hard day at work so.. BACON. 


1st time at Carmela! 


We went to sleep after watching this video so of course that influenced our decision about breakfast. 



the next few weeks will be busier and healthier for us. back to normal life and we're excited for what's in store! 

xoxo 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!