Monday, October 6, 2014

25.

this past weekend,
I celebrated my 25th birthday.

25 years
of God's amazing grace
and faithfulness to me.

with each passing year, I gain a deeper understanding of what it means to find my hope and joy in Christ alone and learn (yet again!) that Jesus really is sufficient and supreme over all things. I'm constantly learning that all of life is to be lived in a posture of dependence. no matter how many years I live or how much of this 'life' I experience - I keep learning the same lessons: that I am weak, but my God is strong; that this life is temporary, and I am just passing by; that my life, though ordinary, is led and sustained by an extraordinary God. what amazing truths!



each birthday is a sobering reminder to me that I am blessed beyond measure - more than I can ever deserve. each birthday is a reminder of God's sweet mercy to me. each birthday beckons a charge to live life more dependent, more joyful, more victorious than the last. each birthday archives yet another year of how good, faithful and sovereign God is into the memory bank of my heart.



as I look forward to a this next year, the lessons I hope to learn and the growth I hope to experience embodies the same resolutions I hope each year. to be faithful to the calling I received and to live my life in such a way that magnifies Christ brightly! 



cheers to a new year. same lessons. same grace. same faithful God.
xoxo

"But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."
- Acts 20:24 - 

* * *

p.s.  I had a fun-filled weekend with my sisters in san diego!
here's a short video that recaps our one-night getaway!




give thanks: friends, family, dunkin' donuts iced coffee, 25 years to give thanks

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!