Monday, September 1, 2014

enjoy every season // days like today

11. Mornings to sleep in and recover/stock up sleep for the rest of the week. 

12. The fact that its okay when there's still laundry piled on the couch that needs folding and dishes in the sink that need washing - but that he loves me just the same. 

13. Days off which means late morning brunch + coffee getaways. (Thank you, Labor day!) This veggie breakfast wrap was AMAZE. Eggs, grilled veggies and exxxxxtra avocado. :)


14. Spotify playlist on. like. ALL. DAY. ERR. DAY.

15. Too many errands to do, but have a random itch to practice some calligraphy? This is my favorite kind of multi-tasking. :) I am sucha newb (+ weirdo!)


16. My reflexes are getting faster. I killed 8 fruit flies in a 45 second period today. That moment was gold. I was so proud of myself. Those fruit flies have nothing on me! 

17. Finally having a full day off to attempt oxtail pho at home. Only took 6 hours :) Cooking with oxtail is always an adventure. Recipe on the blog this week!

18. My responsibilities as Eugene's wife (pharmacy school edition) is back. I am, once again, the nap-waker-upper, motivational snack provider and "stop-playing-with-the-iPad-and-get-back-to-work" accountability partner. It's only been one week but it's lovely.

19. Fun adventures and extravaganzas to try to figure out how to pack make-ahead spring rolls that won't dry out or become too soggy overnight. Keeping my fingers crossed that these still stay fresh til tomorrow at 3pm. please, oh please! (The key is damp towels and wet paper towels in between each spring roll, apparently. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!) These spring rolls are amazing by the way - recipe on the blog this week, too!


20. Eugene had to urge me to pick a place for dessert tonight. He insisted. I never thought I'd have to be urged! We chose a nearby tea shop and picked up this nice "captn' crunch" macaron ice cream sandwich. It was amazing. Ended the day with a happy heart (+ tummy).


Always so much to be thankful for.
Starting a long stretch of work tomorrow - pretty excited!

xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!