Monday, July 8, 2013

We're baaaaack!

.... and we're movvvvving! AGAIN!

Yep, you heard me. We are moving....next week actually! It's been a bit of a crazy process, but we're excited! Last month we found a wee little apartment in Downey - less than 5 minutes away from where Eugene works and 30 minutes closer to work/church for me! Yippee!


These days have been busy with packing, cleaning, organizing/reorganizing, putting our life into boxes, throwing stuff away (per Eugene's request.. contrary to my hoarding/packrat tendencies *tear*), visiting Home Depot/Lowes, researching online for affordable home appliances, etc. I got really overwhelmed this past weekend, I asked Eugene to take me to Target so that I could buy myself a new planner. It did the trick, I feel better already!



As we have less than 2 weeks left in Temple City, we're trying to savor every bit of it before we say goodbye. This city has been good/bad to us - good, because it gave us super easy access to so much good food, all the time, at any hour of the day. bad, because even though we've been going to the gym more than we have gone in our whole lives, we have lost little to no weight. (Dang you, delicious and cheap chinese food/pho restaurants/all you can eat places less than 5 minutes from our house!!) We're excited to eat more at home once we move. I can't wait to shop at Costco again!

Some exciting things that have been going on these past few weeks -

1) Today I bought a fridge from Home Depot. It was exciting (and expensive). We never had to buy home appliances before since most OC apartments come with a pre-installed fridge. Yay!

2) I learned that my husband is a beast. On the night of July 4th, he got ZERO hours of sleep (due to loud fireworks at night, 3 cups of coffee with dinner and a long mid-day nap) and survived his 6AM clinical and worked until 9:30PM that night. Beast, I'm telling you.

3) I got my SCRN (stroke certification license). The coolest part about this was that this was the first year they EVER had this certification, so I was part of the first group of people in the nation to get it. I'm still so humbled and honored, still. Yay, I love stroke!

4) I did a sewing project last month! Well, sorta. I made some simple heart-shaped pillows for my college small group girls. They were simple, but I enjoyed making them! They were all different shapes/sizes because I was too lazy/stubborn to use a stencil. Woopsie! :) Anyway - so thankful for these girls. Cheers to more sewing projects after we move!


5) A few weeks ago, we bought a pack of Chia seeds from Trader Joes and it was a true Godsend! We followed the instructions on the package and mixed some seeds in with coconut milk and honey and it was DELICIOUS! You definitely feel more energy throughout the day after eating it regularly - and it also helps you go #2 (per Eugene). sorry if its TMI - but its awesome!

6) My sister-in-law Heidi moved up to Norcal to join our church plant in the Bay. This little lady has been a tremendous blessing to me these past few years. I remember praying for her salvation before she came to college - and since then God has used her to be a huge source of encouragement to me.  If you're up north and looking for a good, bible-teaching church - check out Berean Missions Church.

Here we are eating a celebratory dinner together after she finished her last final ever!!


7) A few posts ago, I tried making Galbi Jjim in a slow cooker. I had a few ribs left over so I attempted the recipe again with a few tweaks (i.e. A LOT more garlic and sauce, slow cook it over the stove instead of a the crock pot, boil the ribs a few times in water prior to cooking it in the sauce to strip all the excess fat off, etc) and it was SO GOOD. Like, meat fall off the bones and melt in your mouth good. I plan to make this dish over and over again! Recipe soon, hopefully!



As you can see, despite the lack of updates - life has been exciting for us! We are trying to embrace all the good things about summer, living in the SG Valley, living with family, etc before it comes to an end. We know that every season of our lives is carefully orchestrated by God. We know that in His infinite wisdom and love for us, He designs all things in our lives to help us grow in our hope, joy and reliance upon Him! This next transition of moving into a new apartment is an exciting one, but a little scary too! Praying for faith to trust in God and rely on Him daily as we adjust (yet again!) to a new place/city/apartment.

How sweet it is to know that we have a God who is sovereign and always, always good! :)

Anyway - before we leave, here's a recent pic of us at Denny's in our matching blue scrubs! 


Have a great week everyone!

Give Thanks - long hours at starbucks, catching up on errands, late night dates with my husband, mid-day naps, reminders of God's grace to us in every day life!

:)


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!