Thursday, July 25, 2013

Eugene turns 25!

Yesterday was Eugene's 25th birthday!

Because we moved last weekend, it's been pretty chaotic trying to get our little home together so we couldn't really celebrate this year. We've been busy taking trips to Lowes, Costco, Home Goods, Marshalls, Michaels, Target etc! I usually like throwing a little BBQ or get-together at home, but because our place was in shambles - we had to be flexible. Thankfully, Eugene is a simple guy and he was content with just spending time with me!

On Sunday, we celebrated with some of his close friends over all-you-can-eat sushi at Gen Sushi.  On his actual birthday we ate crepes for lunch in long beach at Le Creperie. They found out it was Eugene's birthday and surprised us with a free birthday sundae! (Awesome customer service!) For the rest of the day we took naps, unpacked, took more naps, grabbed pasteries at Porto's (our new favorite and local hotspot - our 2nd day in a row), visited Eugene's parents at the ice cream store and ate hwedupbap for dinner. It was a good day!



This year has been challenging for us - with Eugene starting and finishing his first year of Pharmacy school and adjusting to TWO moves within a 7-month period. I'm thankful that despite my tendency to nag/complain/be dramatic -  he is patient with me and loves me just the same. I am so lucky!

We are more than halfway into our second year of marriage already (!!!) and I'm continuing to learn more and more of what a blessing God has given to me in my marriage to Eugene. God is also continuing to teach me how to better love and serve him as his wife.

Praying for another of year of learning and growing together. :)

- - -

Happy 25th, Eugene!
You are my best friend, the love of my life and my favorite person ever.
Cheers to another victorious year in the Lord!

Sincerely yours,
Sharon

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Happy quarter-century to Mr. Eugene!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, used wrong account… it's everest...

    ReplyDelete