Sunday, February 17, 2013

my funny valentine

This past week, Eugene and I celebrated our 3rd Valentine's Day & 3rd year together. We started dating on Valentines day 2010. It was unexpected, and not intentional but it happened to be on Valentines day. Eugene and I aren't really the celebratory type, but we'll never turn down an excuse to spend some extra time together and eat good food!

For Valentines day, he came home from school at 2pm (Yay!) and we went to grab lunch at a decent seafood buffet-type place near our house. It was OK (the best part was it was less than $10). We had major food coma because of all the salt and MSG so we decided to go to the mall and my sweet husband took me shopping! We're not huge shoppers and even when we do shop, we're pretty asian about our discounts and digging through the clearance sections. We've also been on a pretty strict budgeting system so I haven't really bought any for myself in a pretty long time. Eugene said I could go "ALL OUT" and have a shopping spree and I spent a whopping $70ish dollars... It was exciting! :) Our Valentines day was full of good food (we didn't eat dinner though because we were still full from lunch), getting boba, walking around in the mall, taking naps and studying-- so it was a wonderful day. 

Sharing a lemonade in the middle of a busy shopping day!

Eugene's been taking a lot of naps lately. I don't mind because he is one cute napper!

Valentines day was actually just our pre-Valentines day because our actual celebration was today at Lawry's. About 2 years ago, my sister Audrey and her boyfriend got me a Lawry's giftcard for my birthday and we finally had a chance to use it. The entire time we were there we kept saying "this is the fanciest place I've ever been", "this is the nicest dinner I've ever had", etc etc. The food was amazing, the service was great and it made us feel fancy! They even gave us chilled forks for our salad...What whaaaat! (Thanks Audrey & Sang!)


In the fanciest waiting room ever, with free chips (baked in peanut oil) and meatballs (we couldn't have any because they called our name right as they were bringing the meatballs out. Eugene was sad.)


These chefs haul warmer carts around and you just tell them your order and they cut you the prime rib right in front of your table. He was cutting for the table in front of us in this picture.


Here we are excited about feeling fancy! 


Our salad with the chilled fork.


That, my friends, is a $14 lobster the size of my palm. Never again, haha.. 




It was a sweet Valentines day, and it's been a wonderful 3 years. 
Thankful for the precious gift I have in Eugene and the grace I am shown daily from the Giver of all good gifts! 

Have a great week, friends!
XOXO,
sharon

Give Thanks -- prime rib, creamed anything (spinach, corn), a busy but sweet weekend, a long afternoon to spend with my small group, power naps, iced coffees, mornings with Jenna, excitement for another week of work, the great gift we have in God's Word, reminders of Christ Incarnate and the fact that Jesus would become flesh so that he could sympathize with me.
*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   * 

Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, 
that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 

Hebrews 4:14-16

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!