Monday, November 12, 2012

Everyday Life - Week 43, 44, 45

I've been a wee bit behind on these posts for the past few weeks, but you have to forgive me! It's been super crazy busy with work, baby showers, weddings, etc! Forgive.  :)

These past few weeks have indeed been busy-- Eugene started his new job (woo-hoo!), I've been husband-less at home for most weekdays, and there have been many celebrations of babies and new marriages along the way. It's been a hard road, but sweet nevertheless. These days I'm learning what it means to find my joy, my strength, my energy for each day in my God, and not in my circumstances. Elisabeth Elliot (one of my faves) reminds us that "the secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances". 

Here's what the past few weeks looked like:

Is it just me or does laundry feel like a non-stop chore? I feel like I'm always doing laundry!


This has become the remedy for both Eugene and I on our extremely hard days of school/work.
It works everytime. Thai food and netflix :)


Making some chicken soup with lots of veggies. Preparing for long weeks!


We had leftover croissants at church a few weekends ago, which meant fancy sandwich lunches for us! Eugene was so happy, he loves croissants!


I can't get over how cute butternut squash looks when its getting ready to be roasted!  They look like little mangos pieces. Yum!


Snack time at work. Our current go-to snack: sliced apples and little peanut butter cups (both from Costco!) Perfect way to quench up mid-day cravings!


A very sweet and intimate baby shower for baby Karis. Congrats to the cute mommy-to-be, Abby! 


I love, love, LOVE baby shower/bridal shower finger foods :)




A cool little boy living the good life. CJ is such a cutie pie!


Fellowship and accountability with two of my sisters over really fancy lattes!


This past weekend, one of my best friends got married. It was a beautiful celebration of their love for each other and their greater Love in the One who brought them together to be one! The night before, everyone crashed at my place and this is us at 2:00 am being crazy and "partying it up", even though we all had hair appointments at 4:00 am. 


Lastly, I'll leave you with a picture of us!
Here we are being silly as can be. Even though it's been a rough few weeks with us being apart, being busy with work, stressed with school, etc.. I can never thank God enough for the blessing I have in our marriage. :)


Give thanks: a morning together after a long while apart, banana milk, crackers and cheese, goodnight hugs, cheap asian markets that sell good quality fake eyelashes, clearance sales at target, friends who will switch shifts with me at work, reminders of Christ's love and faithfulness to us in the gospel, celebrating melissa & mark barlis, iced coffees

1 comment: