Thursday, March 8, 2012

A big thanks for the small things

On one of my days off this week, I decided to try taking pictures with Eugene's DSLR.
I love picture taking and I deeply appreciate the art of photography but it's definitely not my forte.
My eye for photography is simple and I really love capturing the simplicity of every day life.
In the middle of this warm, crisp afternoon that I spent at home, I wore the DSLR strap around my neck and just took photos of little things of my day. What a beautiful blessing it was to be able to appreciate even the smallest blessings and feel such a great sense of gratitude for them! I am truly blessed beyond measure, far more than I deserve.

I've been trying to decide whether I should start saving up for a (smaller) DSLR of my own. This idea popped into my little head once I started daydreaming about all the moments I hoped to one day capture when we have a family of our own. I started collecting pocket change for this dream about two years ago but due to some lack of motivation, my money-collecting journey did not last for too long. This day definitely rekindled my motivation! Time to start saving up again... baby steps, baby steps!

Here are some snapshots of the little things I enjoyed on this picture-taking day.

A sunshine-kissed empty dining room


Clearance deals at Target. You can never have too many plates! {Especially if they're patterned}


I strongly believe the dishwasher is a God-given gift to wives! Thank you, Lord!

Preparing our home for Easter.. home, body and soul. :)



Simple but sweet. I'm beginning to build a mini collection of decorations for every season. 

Every girl should know how to use a tool box. Especially because hammering is so much fun!

A new addition to our plain walls.

Two of my favorite things. Flowers and photography.




Trying to sharpen up my barista skills. I'm really slackin'..






Just a few minutes to lounge after an exhausting vacuuming and kitchen-cleaning sesh

Buying a loaf of bread to make sandwiches for lunch. Feelin' fancy!

Dinner time

Sore arms by the end of the day!
Hopefully I'll get me a smaller one eventually.. maybe in a few years
{I have $1.50 in my jar so far!}

Give thanks - naps before work, a beautiful sunny day to look forward to, time to rest, time to work, comfort foods, prayers in the car, opportunities to grow in patience and humility at work, my Perfect Example of Perfect love and humility in Christ.

So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. {Philippians 2:1-8}
                         

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!