Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Everyday life - Week 9

A peak of last week:
It hailed during lunch last week. It was scary but really exciting!

It rained later that night. Cold wind, puddles on the ground and the smell of wet asphalt goes hand in hand with pho in the Tseng family!
(of course, always by my request!)


I discovered a really delicious (and EASY) salsa verde chicken recipe last week. Only 3 ingredents!!! Recipe soon. After only one bite, Eugene told me this was his favorite thing I ever made!

Another successful COYF (clean-out-your-fridge) lunch! Sadly the eggplants were so bitter that we each took a few bites and ended up throwing the rest away. I learned so much about eggplants after this lunch.. 

Quiet lunch breaks at work. I had a really good work week last week. :) So thankful for my job.. even when I have psycho crazy nights..

One of the hardest things about working at night is having to sleep when the sunshine is so bright and beautiful and Eugene is out in the living room. POO!

My mid-nap snacks. I always wake up a few hours into my nap because I get so hungry! 

Went to a women's retreat at my church this weekend and was extremely blessed! This is a happy (and awful cute) shot of a few sisters we ate dinner with before our drive there. 


Came back from retreat to a sick husband. :( Nothing some ibuprofen, warm hugs and sul lung tang can't fix!

Eugene's cousin got married this weekend and it was such a beautiful wedding! Had to sleep in the car on the way back because I had work only a few hours later! Yikes! Thanks for driving, Heidi :)

Days off equal catching up on chores, budgeting, errands and quiet times to read with my cup of tea. My favorite thing to do :)

Last week, I also started reading this book.
I found this book on Eugene's shelf after we got married and decided to wait until Easter time to start it. In hopes to be purposeful and intentional in preparing my heart before Easter, I've ventured to read through this book at the start of March. I'm only a few chapters in and it's been such a blessing! Easter is quickly approaching and  I challenge you to join me. I promise you will be blessed. :)


It's been only about four months now since we've been married but it feels like we've been married for much longer! Each day is full of things to do and things to pray for, and each new week brings forth new lessons and new challenges that cause us to depend on Him for the strength and faith to persevere each and every day.  All in all, each day gives me new opportunities to praise God for who He is and how abundantly He lavishes His grace in our lives even through the simplest blessings.

Have a victorious week, everyone!

Give thanks : green tea for sore throats, sushi, meeting new faces, the wonderful truths found in the book of Ruth, berean sisters, time with Eugene, early mornings, korean food, new mercies every morning!

But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you;may those who love your salvation say continually "Great is the Lord"!                         Psalm 40:16

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!