Saturday, March 24, 2012

Everyday life - Week(s) 10, 11 and 12

Sorry for slacking on these "Everyday Life" posts. I've been working most weekends this month (BOO..) so it's been taking me off track on these posts. But despite the weekly updates, life was lived and pictures were taken. Here is a massive explosion of what my life looked like lately.

I love weekly visits to Target with my sister! One of my favorite things to do.

Finding goodies for the home in lots and lots of color.

My failed attempts at latte art.. I need better espresso beans.. 

Walked to the market to buy ONE avocado. It was worth it. :)

The week I fell in LOVE with argula. I love the bitter but crispiness of its leaves.

Healthy on-the-go snacks for mornings after work. Hits the spot before my nap!

Waiting for my drink at Starbucks before work in my baggy scrubs.

Just a random hello before going out to eat with our parents. :)

Family lunches = chinese food. (LOTS of it.)

Freshening up with some shaved snow at Class 302. Perfect for a sunny spring day!

Our charge RN ordered pizza for us on one of the CRAZIEST and most stressful nights of my life.
Thanks Beth!

Lunch with Val means playtime with Micah. :) 

You never stop learning! Love quiet nights at home studying and freshening up on my ECG/Pharm skills.

Bought thin bagels for the first time! Less carbs, more flavor. Too sweet!

Hot coffee on a crisp morning. Nothing beats that.

Reading while waiting to eat lunch with Esther. I actually came to lunch 30 minutes before our scheduled time, but the wait was not bad at all. :)

Bought my first balls of yarn to start knitting (and eventually- crocheting)


Freshening up in the middle of my night shifts. Definitely helps me feel re-energized!

Weekly pho trips. I LOVE pho! We actually had really bad customer service this day and I left very disappointed. We treated ourselves to some yogurtland after to make ourselves feel better! It worked!

Dear rolling cart thing, you are my greatest friend!
Thanks for helping me carry all my groceries home!

The day my poor Eugene had to get his blood drawn on both arms in preparation for Pharmacy school. They had to draw titers to see what immunizations he had received. Treated him with some Caramel Macchiato. Yum!

Orange-juicing again! 

Freshly squeezed orange juice and some home-made seafood dip with crackers. Eugene's favorite snack! 

We had alot of people over for dinner this week. This particular dinner was a japanese/korean style dinner with udon, DIY California rolls and some pseudo-baked salmon rolls. I'm trying to improve my sushi-making skills but I need a better knife..

I love morning walks to the grocery store. Especially if that means I can grab an iced latte on the way home!

Staying at home over the weekend while Eugene is at a retreat. Went to Coco's for dinner like old times! They had electronic tablets to take our orders and my dad wanted to get in on it too (We laughed obnoxiously loud in embarrassment haha!)


and this is my mom learning how to play DrawSomething on her phone. We're becoming a high tech family yall' ;)


Love my mom's vintage goodies in the bathroom. Perfect place to put my jewelry before sleeping in without an alarm clock. :)


Back to "my spot" as my mom calls it. I spent all my high school years here and studied for my NCLEX after graduating college right on this desk. So sweet spending hours here this weekend reading, recharging, studying. Brought back years of memories!

I'll do my best to be better about updating more regularly!
I'm working tonight after I spend a day with my family today. Starting the morning off eating breakfast with Katherine while watching "Meet the Robinsons" (best movie ever...) and now we're heading out to Starbucks to get our dose of Coffee and the Word

Give thanks: time to spend at home, fellowship with people in the church, daily trips to starbucks, cleaning sessions, an empty sink, school supplies.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!