Monday, November 9, 2015

40 days of thanksgiving...while you're away!

Yesterday I sent Eugene off for his 6 week rotation "away".

cue violins and sad, dramatic music.

Thankfully, he will be trying to stop by home to see me at least once on the weekends, so it's up to me to get through the week and spend it well while he's away. I've been preparing for this 6-week stretch for the last few months. We've been talking about it, praying about it and I've been planning for it for a long while now. Being in my third trimester of pregnancy makes him being away a lot harder and makes me a lot clingy-er than I usually am. I've grown quite dependent on him to help me as it's been harder for me to move around and do things on my own. Who's going to take down the trash for me? Who's going to help me off the bed/couch when I can't seem to roll over on my other side? (I know these are all silly things that I need to stay being a baby about...don't judge me!)

Over the weekend, Eugene spent a lot of time preparing. He printed out a lot of his own notes, packed his things (clothes, school supplies, printer, etc) and I just ate ice cream by the tub to make myself feel better.


Yesterday, we made a trip to Costco to stock up on essentials: large containers of water + detergent for me - crates of coffee, protein bars, xerox paper and bathroom things for him. We dropped it off at his Airbnb and got the room all the set up.


We had a late lunch with his parents and said our goodbyes.  There were tears (me, I'm ridiculous - I know.) and hugs/kisses and reassuring words (him) and then we went our own ways.




Even though it's sad to be apart, I know that these 6 weeks will offer me a very unique and special opportunity to prepare for the baby, spend my time with people, spend time alone and to learn a great deal of things. I would hate to waste it. So of course, as always, I have compiled a list of things to do and accomplish in these 6 weeks I have to myself. I have already filled my calendar up with outings and short trips - but have also allotted time for me to be alone as well. 



There are a lot of things to do and a lot of exciting things that will be happening in these next 6 weeks. I want to embrace everyday and find the evidence's of God's grace in all the little details of my day so I'm going to try to do a #40daysofthanksgiving challenge. It's perfect because it coincides with the Thanksgiving holiday.

 In 40 days, Eugene will be back home from his rotation - but in the time he's away I'm gonna try my very best to make the most of it!  Hopefully I'll be able to accomplish all my goals and get all my chores done before he comes home and baby arrives. We're hoping that the baby doesn't make his debut during this rotation -- but I guess we'll just have to be prepared and wait + see.

Until then, cheers to 40 days of giving thanks! 

xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!