Wednesday, October 14, 2015

{dear baby} 28 weeks!

dear baby, 

we reached 7 months! 

as of yesterday, I officially entered my 3rd (and final!) trimester of pregnancy. it's been amazing. you've been making your presence quite known, especially in these last few weeks. you've been jumping and kicking and swimming around all over the place. sometimes, you give me a good punch in the bladder -- and to be completely honest, we've had some pretty close calls (sorry world, tmi). 

you've also been growing more and more in size and making my skin itchy and my back achy. despite the discomforts, I'm thankful that you remind me throughout the day that you're growing inside of me and I love having you with me always. my sweet little boy. my constant companion. 


work has been more and more challenging. with the insomnia, fatigue and extra weight I've been carrying around, I've been having to take a lot more breaks and haven't been able to do a lot of the running and heavy lifting that my job usually requires. it's been really humbling me! I've realized that I'm not good asking for help -- but I'm learning that I have to try my best to protect and take care of myself/you -- so I've been learning to be honest with myself and swallow my pride. 

ps. you love taking mid-day coffee breaks. :)


we also did our glucose tolerance test a couple weeks ago and found out that I passed! I was actually kind of nervous about this test because the doctor told me I was pretty high risk (Asian/PCOS). thankfully we did fine and our numbers look good! I ate a vanilla soft serve ice cream cone almost immediately after the blood draw (such a cheater!) and ate 2 popsicles a week later when our results were revealed. i say...we deserved it! (plus, this heat has been k i l l e r!)


my belly gets so huge after I eat and you move around like crazy! (my little foodie boy!) you've been forcing me to portion control because you really really hate sharing space with my food. 

looks so huge from this angle!

our goals for third trimester:
- finish your nursery 
- choose a name for you! 
- make a hospital bag
- figure out insurance stuff
- take some classes at the hospital
- do a growth scan/ultrasound (yay!)
- wash and put away your clothes 
- spend a lot of time with family 

a few weeks ago, I went to ikea to look for some nursery furniture and we had a fun little date, you and I. we ate chicken tenders and fries because they've recently been your/my fave. 


last week, I had a doctors appointment and she instructed me to spend time every night counting how long it takes for you to kick 10 times. when she told me, I was so surprised - I had never heard of anyone having to do that before (didn't know it was a thing!) and thought, "my goodness, how am I gonna just lay there and wait for 10 kicks-- that's gonna take hours!" 


I never realized how active and wiggly you really were until I started my kick counts last week. your current average is about 20-30 minutes. daddy gives you a pep talk before the kick counts every night and asks you to be a good boy and finish your 10 kicks early so that I can sleep. (I fell asleep the first few times and had to start over!) I love the way he cups his hands and puts his head right on my belly to talk to you. he loves you so much and nothing has ever melted me more!



these last few weeks have been such a treat and you have been worth every discomfort and every fatigued moment. we love you so much and can't wait to meet you. we're praying for you everyday.  please continue to grow and develop well ! hopefully we will have a name picked out for you soon! 

p.s. i have this ongoing bet with myself whether or not my bellybutton is gonna ever become an outie during this pregnancy. for the longest time you made it sucked in like a huge crater (sorry, tmi again!) but i'm slowly starting to see some progress. i secretly always wanted to try to be an outie - so much easier to clean, lol! 

don't be embarrassed of me. xoxo

love,
mama


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!