Thursday, October 17, 2013

fall craft complete! (and other things keeping us cozy at home)

Man, I seriously love fall. Something about the cooler weather and seeing pumpkins of all shapes and sizes everywhere makes my heart feel warm and makes me happy.

Yesterday after work, I wanted to wait for Eugene to come home so I kept myself busy with my fall craft project. A few posts ago, I made some goals for myself to accomplish by Thanksgiving. One of my goals was to make a fall-related craft. I wanted to make something practical so I resorted to making a wreath. I found an idea on Pinterest and found it rather easy! I made a smaller one since Eugene didn't want me to hang it on our door - he says it attracts strangers! (my sweet and protective husband.)


I also made pumpkin bread this week. I tried the trader Joe's pumpkin bread mix and substituted the water for almond milk to add some nutty flavor. It was delicious. Our apartment was filled with smells of warm pumpkin scents for an entire night. Nothing like freshly baked pumpkin bread, warm almond milk and a cuddly blanket to make you feel cozy and warm! 


We've also been juicing more these past few days. We always seems to try to go on a juice craze after we eat something bad-for-us. (in this case, an ungodly amount of korean bbq) Juicing is so delicious and makes you feel really great. It's so nice to start your morning with a fresh cup of fruit/veggie juice.

Our current favorite is kale/spinach/celery/carrot/apple juice. :) Our very own green machine. We've made a goal to juice at least three times a week, but its been hard! I love my juicer and juicing is wonderful, but it does take some work to clean after each use. Hopefully we can keep up with our goal and juice more of our meals. This week we did it twice. Hopefully by next week, we can get it to 3x a week! :) 

My two favorite things about juicing (besides drinking it, of course) is :
1) watching the different colors of juice come out
2) opening up the tray in the back to see the beautiful, multi-colored pulp

Juicing is lovely!
I'm in the process of learning more about the how-to's and benefits of juicing, as well as how to use it as meal replacements (which is Eugene's goal - he's crazy.) Hopefully I'll be able to share all that I've learned in a few weeks or so.



Can't believe we're already halfway through October.
This year has been buzzing by so quickly, I feel like Christmas is just right around the corner. Eugene is currently in midterms season and its been extremely hard for us to spend time together (like, see each other awake maybe 2-3 hours a week type of hard) but we've been hanging in there! :) We're finding ways to encourage each other and make each other smile despite the lack of face-to-face time. It's been sweet!

Thankful that God always gives us the strength we need to do whatever he puts before us.
Thankful that He never faints to remind us of this when we forget! (which I often do!)

Goodnight, friends!
xoxo

give thanks: time to spend with sister today (!!!), leftovers that make lunch-preppin so easy, an easier start to my work week, reminders to pray, short but sweet moments to spend with Eugene, 3x5 index cards


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!