Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Yay, Fall is here!! (goals, updates & blessings)

This Sunday was the first day of fall and I could not be happier. I really love the fun of summer and all, but I absolutely love this season! Fall means there will be cooler weather, the occasional rain, warm colors of orange, brown and yellow plastered everywhere, pumpkins, lots of squash (especially butternut), pumpkin-spiced things and the wearing of lots and lots of scarves and sweaters and boots. Hooray! I decided to make a few goals for this season - so here they are! (I'll try to accomplish these goals by Thanksgiving!)


Goals for fall 2013
1.  Make something with squash
2.  Bake a pie (and it must have some Cinnamon in it!)
3.  Visit a pumpkin patch
4.  Make an Autumn-related craft


Anyway - E has been in school for about a month now, and things are starting to pick up! He's been getting a lot busier, staying up to study a lot later these days and getting involved in a lot of things at school. I'm doing well adjusting to him being busier these days. It is definitely way easier the second time around. God has been faithful and we have been so thankful for that! We've also been at our apartment in Downey for about two months now, and it's been lovely! Here are random updates on what's been going on, what we've been learning and things we've been enjoying lately.
  • We live less than 5 minutes away from Costco and it is seriously the best. It's awesome when I don't know what to do for lunch and I don't really feel like cooking - $1.50 hot dog + drink with endless condiments is not a bad deal.
  • Eugene hasn't been sleeping too much these days. He's been busy studying, working, running errands for the clubs he's involved in, interviewing prospective interns at his workplace, etc. Even though we don't get to spend as much time together, I am so proud of how dilligent and wholehearted he is in all that he does!
  • I think in the two months we've lived in Downey, we have gone to Portos over 20 times. An estimate. (We only live like 5 minutes away - can you blame us?)
  • There is a Frostbites that just opened not too far from us, and it's dangerous(ly delicious). 
  • On my days off, one of my absolute favorite things to do is: driving Eugene to school. It's great because of so many reasons: 
    • The carpool lane is a true Godsend in LA traffic
    • Eugene can study/nap in the car!
    • I get to hang out/eat lunch/make korean food with my parents in their apartment in LA
    • I get to check out cool, hipster places in DTLA with my sisters (Last week, we visited Stumptown Coffee! Their cold brew was amazing!)
    • We can eat really yummy asian food on our way back (since we can re-route ourselves through Alhambra, Monterey Park - where all the excellent asian food is at!)
  • In the last two weeks, we've gone to THREE weddings.
  • During the last week of summer, we converted our couch into a futon and we've been sleeping in the living room ever since. It's been a month and a half now. True story. :) 
  • I recently found a Korean Market close to my place. It was a miracle!!!! I've gone there twice in the last 10 days. 
  • I've recently gotten into water coloring. It was about a month ago, and I randomly got inspired so I went to Target and bought a $2.99 watercolor set. The set includes the jankiest little brush ever. Can't even paint a good circle or draw a straight line with that thing. I'm saving up pennies for a better brush!
  • Yesterday we bought a 150-pack of those single serving french vanilla creamers so we can mix it with our Keurig coffee. Keurig is truly God's gift to lazy, convenience-seeking coffee lovers. Yum!
  • This past week during my annual MD appointment, my doctor told me that all women in child-bearing age should be on pre-natal vitamins, NOT just normal multivitamins. Apparently pre-natal vitamins have lots of great folic acid and not as much Vitamin A (which can be tetarogenic and harmful to your unborn baby). Good to know!
  • These past two months, I've learned to NEVER EVER take an in-house washer/dryer for granted ever again. Oh, what I would give to be able to do laundry at home and not at the laundromat! My back/forearms are sooo sore from carrying for 4-loads of laundry from my apartment, to the car, to the laundromat, back to my car, and finally back to my apartment! Never gonna take that for granted again!
Sorry for all the random (and sometimes, meaningless) updates :)

(oh, and sorry for the PDA!)

Happy Fall, and cheers to a warm/cozy and productive season!!

xoxo,
Sharon



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!