Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Everyday Life in February (I can't believe it's already March!)

Man, February flew by sooooo fast. The month started off with a trip to NorCal for Berean's church plant, I precepted Amanda at work this entire month (Hi, Amanda!), we leased out our Irvine apartment and we're still unpacking here in SGV. Eugene and I are still adjusting to him being in Pharmacy school-- I'm learning to cope/adjust to him never being home and he's learning how to give attention to a needy wife in the midst of his busy, busy schedule. :o) It was a busy month, and I can't believe it's already March!

Here's what last month looked like:

I've been driving to LA a lot more often since we've moved out here, and it's been nice! Even though I still loathe LA traffic and crazy drivers and narrow lanes with faded white lines that probably need to be painted -- it's been a blessing living closer to my parents. :)


Whenever I drive home from LA, my GPS always routes me through random highways to help me beat traffic. Can't beat this view though!


Being in SGV means that we eat more Chinese food than we ever had in our whole lives-- which also means that our hot teas come with huge bottles of condensed milk. Yay


This is one of our favorite late night go-to hot spots. Because most of our date nights are after 8 or 9PM, we were so happy to find a place open til midnight!


Korean BBQ is always and forever going to be my top favorite foods. 


Walking in the grove is so therapeutic. We saw Lindsay Lohan's mom with some paparrazi this day.


I took a short weekend trip to Norcal for Berean Peninsula's first service EVER! It was a sweet weekend of great fellowship, superbowl fun and LOTS of good food. One of the highlights was being able to spend time with this guy :)


My mom took a trip to Korea/Australia this month so I drove to LA a few times to see my dad and sister. We ate gamjatang for dinner, and it was my first time! It was so yummy!


This needed a close up, but unfortunately it came out a bit blurry. Looks beautiful anyway :)


Our furniture came in early last month and we've been settling in ever since.


My first hang out in SGV! So thankful that I have friends who live out here so I can try new things with them. Can't wait for all of you to be on summer break so I can hang out with you guys more!


It was Cat's birthday this past month so of course we had to celebrate after small group! I bought a princess hat from Target so that she could feel special. :) 


This is our 3rd month here but we're still unpacking. This was actually TODAY and I'm still not done. le sigh.. slow and steady wins the race.


Even though this post is about February, I have to share about what I did today! I built my very own bookcase. Even though it was from Ikea and probably any college freshman could do it-- It was VERY heavy and it was very tiring. The most exciting part was putting my books back on my shelf... in alphabetical order (by author) hehe


 February was a busy month! Hopefully we get to rest a little now that all the leasing/moving stuff is over. Cheers to a joyful month of March!


Give Thanks - a day off to catch up on chores, chicken pho, netflix to entertain me while folding mountains of laundry, sleep before another day of work


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!