Tuesday, October 17, 2017

avery: one month

Dang, that month flew by. 

And of course I'm about a week late -- woops! 

But, what a month! 


Happy 1 to our chubby, balding, always-grunting, bottle and pacifier loving (hooray!!!), sweet + dainty baby girl. This first month was full of all the normal newborn things: learning how to breastfeed (again), changing diapers constantly (12-15 a day!), yellow + seedy poops (which she produces at an inhumanely insane rate which awarded her the nickname "lady dijon"), getting stircrazy from house arrest, newborn smells, awkwardly trying to figure out how to hold baby correctly, burping and spit up parties, doing laundry almost every other day, milk curds hiding in neck folds, waking up every 1.5-2 hours at night to feed, trying to keep baby awake during MOTN (middle of the night) feeds so that she eats longer than 4 minutes or else she wakes up in 45 mins again to eat again (boo...) It's been quite a ride. 

As exhausted as I feel every day fumbling through thia newborn craze while also trying to keep other things in order (other things meaning keeping toddler fed and entertained, and apartment somewhat in order) it's been a blast and we are loving our little girl to pieces. 

Both Eugene and I agree that girls are pretty different! They have cuter clothes, she looks/seems so girly to us and is just so dainty compared to how Asher was when he was a newborn babe (ie the way she positions her hands when she sleeps and her little cries). Eugene is absolutely smitten and I think she already has him wrapped her tiny little (but friggin long - thanks to my genes) fingers. 

Asher has been adjusting better than we expected and he loves her too. Yay! He loves to greet her in the mornings, runs up to her in the middle of playing squealing “baaaby” in the highest little voice and gives her kisses all the time. Sometimes his affection is a little too intense and gives us 100 heart attacks but we are all just learning and taking it day by day.  People are right when they say that your first looks HUGE after baby is born because asher seems so much older and bigger to me. His head, hands, feet and poops seem so much bigger and it gives me all kinds of feels. The adjustment in the beginning was personally a little hard for me because I was wrestling with feelings of guilt and I missed playing with him but by now we have gotten a better hang of things and I'm learning how to involve him in caring for baby and still making time to have fun with him everyday. I love my little guy. 


the newborn stuff second time around has been a little bit easier to handle, too. I'm definitely not as paranoid and anxious as the first time and only Google about 20 things a day instead of 500. Also I think because I know that eventually they grow out of this stage - it helps me to savor and enjoy it more. I'm so grateful for the ways God had sustained us this far and I'm excited (and a little anxious) to see how we do next week when Eugene hours back to work! 

God's grace has brought us this far. I'm excited to see all the ways I will be able to testify of the grace and help He will continue to provide as we venture into the next month!

Ps. Here's a one week vs one month picture of asher. So crazy how fast they grow and change. 

And the same one for Avery! 

 

Talk about chubs! 

<3

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!