Tuesday, April 25, 2017

blw: our first ice cube tray meal!

i don't know about you -- but I love variety. 

I love buffets and places that offer all-you-can-eat so that I can try a little bit of everything (Eugene hates going to AYCE sushi with just me for this reason because I'd only eat 1-2 pieces of the 15 things I order and he's stuck having to finish the rest, lol!) Because I love variety, this ice-cube-tray-meal idea was very appealing to me! I cleaned out my fridge + freezer today, so I didn't have a lot of things on hand to make dinner tonight. Doing this ice cube tray dinner tonight provided the perfect opportunity to use the little bits of things that I had and the best part is -- there was NO cooking required. (Yay!) 

All I had to do for prep was chop a few veggies and fruit, boil ravioli and toast some frozen chicken nuggets and we were good to go! Tonight's dinner consisted of: strawberries, chicken nuggets, cheese ravioli, fresh tomatoes, roasted zucchini and broccoli (from my meal prep earlier today), string + cubed cheese, blueberries from my freezer, sliced cucumbers and deli turkey meat. Took me less than 10 minutes to whip this together and Asher had a blast! He sat for almost 50 minutes quietly eating and made little-to-no mess at all.


I think this kind of meal would great for picky eaters because you can load it up with different kinds of things and it has a sort of appeal because of the variety of colors and textures. They can sample various things in smaller portions - which will hopefully encourage them to at least try a bite or two. I'm not sure why, but I noticed that Asher ate his veggies a lot better when presented this way. He has recently gotten into a habit of picking out all his veggies and taking it out of his bowl but he actually ate all the cucumbers, tomatoes and zucchini (WHO ARE YOU?) which made for a hopefully more nutrient-filled babe and a super happy mama! 


Little prep. Emptied fridge. Happy baby. = Definitely gonna do this more regularly!
Here's a short video of him enjoying his first I.T.M. :) 




Til next time! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!