Wednesday, April 10, 2013

i love engagements!

Last Saturday was actually a really exciting day because both my maid of honor  (Esther) AND Eugene's best man (Alex) got engaged on the SAME day....though, not to each other. It was craaaaazy and so wonderful.

Alex is Eugene's best friend and it was so sweet being able to celebrate his engagement. We had planned an engagement party in advance and his friends and both of their families were able to celebrate with them. Here they are with silly hats that I was able to get at a 1-year birthday party that I had attended earlier that day (Happy birthday, Obie!). I also got the balloon man to make Alex a ring since I knew that Caren would already have one by the end of the day.

Congrats, you guys!




Esther's engagement was more of a surprise to me! I found out while I was doing the sign-in and gifts table at Obie's birthday party & literally almost cried in front of all the people who were signing in. Esther is one of my closest and most precious friends, and I'm so excited for her to get married (!!!!!!)

It's funny because at my wedding, I kept telling her to try her best to catch my bouquet. I told her I would try to toss it in her direction. She wasn't too enthusiastic, as you can tell. (Esther is the 2nd girl on the left, in the pink bridesmaid dress.)


Sigh.

But, as always, God's will is more powerful than ours and she is to be married soon! Yay!

This was a very precious and unique picture of us at my bridal shower. It's precious to me and extremely sacred/unique because Esther barely ever gives me any physical contact. Any attempts to hug her or hold her hand or link arms with her is followed by a very loud "YOU'RE WEIRD" or "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU"... but that's why I love her, hahaha

Please note her hand gently (a sorta awkwardly resting on my shoulder.)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I love you Esther. You're next!


4 comments:

  1. eeeek!!! so many joyful unions! :D and side note: I remember your shower, the inappropriateness of it all, hahahhaa love it :D YAY for E&J, C&A!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, I know... hahaha. Esther would :)
      I love you! I want to hang out with your married self. <3

      Delete
  2. i love everything about that pic above! the awkward hand, her smile, your joyful face :D miss seeing you girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you guys already! Can't believe we couldn't say goodbye!! :(
      Please keep posting and updating us via your blog. It is one of my faves!

      Delete