Saturday, January 21, 2012

Third time's a charm!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4547073/?claim=yv5yd8zwtms">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Since Eugene & I have been engaged, we've gone through three different blogs -- a tumblr, a wordpress, and now we have gained ourselves a blogspot. Due to some technical issues, I've been having a hard time maintaining my wordpress account {which explains my infrequent postings as of late}. With the many special gadgets and gizmos Wordpress offers, it became too complicated to manage for me.. hence, I needed to go back to the simple, beautiful goodies of blogspot. Hoping this is the last move ever.. third time's a charm, they say!

Since I've last posted, a few things happened.

1) Eugene got into Pharmacy school. Praising God, inside and out!

2) We picked up our marriage license {FINALLY} and I changed my last name. It's official. I am a Korean girl with a very Chinese last name.. and I like it!

3) We {kind of} started juicing.

To some, this may be considered cheating. Tis true, we used a citrus juicer. Tis true, we only used oranges. Baby steps, people.. baby steps. :)

4) and the most exciting news of all-- we got a roommate!

Meet Katherine:


She's actually better looking in person. She's funny, considerate, sweet, helpful around the house and is enthusiastic about everything I make her for lunch. She enjoys Thai Spice, 85c Coffee and grocery shopping.. just as much as I do {which means more frequent trips for me} So sweet!

My cute sisters Audrey and Katherine :)

Katherine is actually my baby sister. People usually freak out about the fact that she (a perfectly normal and decent child) would choose to live with me and Eugene (a quite boring-to-live-with newly wedded couple). People are weirded out for a number of reasons, but we think it's quite lovely. She's very helpful too; she helps with dishes and vacuums on days I work my night shifts so our home doesn't look like a victim of a hurricaine. 

Sometimes it kind of feels like she's our {practice} child: we make her breakfast, pack her lunch, take her to school, pick her up from school, etc. It's a different kind of adjustment, but there's definitely a sweetness she brings to our home and our new family. We always prayed that our home would be used to build up the church and serve God and His people-- so how awesome it is that God provided such an opportunity!

This year will be another year of changes for Eugene and I. We'll keep you posted! {....hopefully on a more frequent basis!} 

Give thanks; gloomy days to sleep in, vitamins and oranges, going back to work after a flu season, strength to rejoice, strength to run this race with endurance, fellowship, 85c green milk tea, the abundance of recipe ideas i find on pinterest

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!