Saturday, January 6, 2018

everyday life - week 1

During our first year of marriage, I started an "everyday life" series where I would just post random pictures of every day life.  It was a way for me to capture, chronicle and save those exciting, boring, memorable, mundane day to day things.  I did it on and off for the last few years but feel a renewed motitvation to start it up again as we start a new year.  

Life goes by so fast (and it's so incredibly full!). 

Sometimes, each day to day feels pretty standard and ordinary but I love being able to capture the beauty of the mundane. The challenge before was trying to remember to take photos with my DSLR and find the time to meticulously edit and plan for these posts - but since I lost my fancy camera when our apartment got burglarized last year (simplified our lives! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) and I am constantly snapping photos of our kids anyway, I figure...why not try again! This time around I am resolved to keep it REALLY easy and simple -- and just to share real life! posting from my phone - which i do for 90% of my posts anyway and without any crazy edits or filters.  Hoping this will help me to capture and find joy in today and the continue to cultivate my ability to give thanks to God for all the ordinary and mundane but incredibly beautiful things in life. 

So here was the first week of 2018:

We spent New year's day with my family this year. We had french toast at home for breakfast, and went on a walk near the lake and had iced coffees while we watched Asher run around.  I love family time! (though it is always utter chaos now with the kids)


We wrapped and gifted Asher with some small things for his bday and had him unwrap it on the morning of his actual birthday. 

It was so much fun watching his excitement. (even though it was really cheap <$5 things I found on Amazon) everything is so much more exciting and fun being able to experience it anew from the eyes of a toddler.  (Fun fact: I actually have some toys that he got gifted last year for his first bday that I never opened and gave to him. Every few months, I crack open a new toy as a treat for him! I figure he doesn't need all those new toys at once anyways and this has been keeping him interested and excited all year long! Mom hack 2000!)

A yogurt monster face for breakfast. One of our current favorite books is "tickle monster"! 

A rare quiet morning. 

Ashers current favorite thing to do when he wakes up is going to averys room to lay with her in the crib. It's so sweet watching them together! 

My sister visited us from LA and I got to take her to my favorite Japanese spot. 

Train with "aujee eemo"

Then we had a Korean party at night.  I love having sisters. 

Asher always makes our guests read to him.  I always feel bad because he goes on a rampage and makes them read the same book over and over or bring all his favorite books over for them to read. But always so thankful when I see others love on Asher this way. (Thanks Erin!) Ps. His Chinese roots are strong. Only other time ive seen people do that with his shirt was those old men walking the streets of China. Foreals though, they're everywhere.)

I never thought I'd be brave enough to give my child popcorn so young (so many horror stories about choking!) But he loves them...

Chalk time is pretty much drawing-every-random-thing-he-asks-for time. Do u see my creepy pororo attempt? His requests are getting a bit complex 


So thankful to be growing up together. 

I bit the bullet and buzzed baby girls hair today! So many patches (boo, cradle cap!) and random fly aways that made her look kinda crazy.  Headwraps for days from here on out! 

 

Cheers to a new week! xoxo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!