Monday, January 27, 2014

Everyday Life - Week 1-4

In 2012, I did "Everyday Life" posts to document the happenings of my every day life. It was a way for me to remember all the small, little details, and to give thanks for even the most mundane things. I really enjoyed doing it because it encouraged me to stop and appreciate the toasted bagel in the morning, the dirty dishes, the unfolded pile of laundry, the quick trip to target, the quiet moment in between chores, etc. For the past few weeks, I've been debating whether or not to try it again for 2014. Obviously - I decided to just go for it!

More than the big, grandeur things - I really, really love the simple pleasures and the small details that are woven so beautifully together to make up our every day life. It's easier to praise God and give thanks for huge, life-changing, mind-blowing things, but it definitely takes more effort to remember to praise God for the little moments. I hope that these posts will help me treasure every little, mundane thing and that I will always remember that though I may live a seemingly ordinary life, I live under the presence of an extraordinary God!

Here's my catch up of the last 3 weeks. . .



Our traditional New Years Day meal: Dduk Gook (rice cake soup). My homemade Pork & Beef Dumplings made their grand entrance and they did a decent job. Go dumplings!



We also baked the Cinammon Rolls we made on New Years Eve, and they were so flaky and delicious! Definitely making it again... especially because making your own dough is so much fun!

This is one of our favorite places to eat in Downey: Peking Restaurant, We seriously love you! They split your noodles for you so you can try both. It's amazing!


During Eugene's winter break - we tried this pizza joint that my co-worker suggested. Downey Pizza Company. 



Half Alfredo & Half Pastrami Pizza. OMG, GUYS!!! We died. It was so good.  


The best part about winter break was watching Netflix in our futon. It was our favorite! We've actually only slept in our bedroom a handful of times. Our futon is our favorite.


Where this handyman got this ambulance, we will never know.


OK, just in case you forgot about this pizza already. Here it is again! (This was from the same visit.) But you guys!!!! Seriously. If you come to Downey, I promise we will take you here if you ask. Please ask us to take you here!!!


The day we (my mom, my sister and I) got our hairz did.


While my mom was getting her hair did, she folded all of the towels at the hair salon. This is why my mom is a little cray and a little bit (really, really, really) awesome.


Meet our hospital volunteer Harpo! He is obviously legit because he has his own nametag!


The first wedding in our church building! One of my favorite couples :)


Pastor Peter was so proud of how beautiful his "baby" (the church building) looked all dolled up and stuff. He had to take a picture alongside the standard random, asian uncle-type character who always seems to make an appearance at every wedding. 


Yay, Mr & Mrs Oquindo!



Tried to surprise Eugene with dinner after one of his long days at work/school and he walked passed it and didn't notice this when he got home. He didn't even know that I had done this until I asked him if he ate dinner the night before. I spent over 10 minutes trying to get that "I love you" sign to stick on the toy. Haha! BOYS. I'm telling you.. :)



AAAAH Baby Em. Don't grow up until I can play with you!


A sign in my patient's room. (He/She gave me permission!) 


My husband is so excited to be my forever-date at weddings. Yay!


Thank God for Ferrero Rocher in the middle of a crazy work day. Nurses love their chocolate!



Trying to snack healthier for the new year. This lasted like 2 days. It's okay, baby steps people!


California Rolls at home. Our fave!



 We both got super owned by the stomach bug last weekend. Totally ruined our plans to road trip up to Norcal for the Ko wedding. Totally ruined my plans to hang out with the Choi's and to try Philz Coffee! (boooo!)  Even though our plans were ruined - it was so sweet being "stuck" at home with my husband for 4 days straight! 



The day after the Glendora fire. So much ash, I couldn't breathe!



Celebrating after our weekend of stomach-flu madness! 



Can't believe it's already the last week of January. This is nuts!
Cheers!
XOXO


Give Thanks - a sweet sunday off, decaf vanilla lattes at Peet's, target runs, reminders in the OT of God's faithfulness to His people, quiet time to spend with my husband, cheap groceries at our local grocery store and much-needed reminders to pray


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!